PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

the takeaway secret

Options

Comments

• uropachild
    uropachild Posts: 522 Forumite
    Options
    I've ordered this book too! Looking forward to trying some stuff out. :)
    Sarah. :p
    DD is 8 years old DS1 is 6 years old
    DS2 is 14 months old
  • dianasnan
    dianasnan Posts: 584 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ordered one as well. Should save me a fortune.
  • adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Options
    kymbogs wrote: »
    Thanks for this I think I'll get one as I really struggle with takeaway cravings and although I do make my own burgers, curry etc they are usually a. bit disappointing!

My mum uses a book called "the curry secret" by kris dhillon, it's a tiny easy to follow paperback from which my mum started cooking amazing curries using easy to find ingredients.
    I don't even like take away curry but everyone agrees they're better than any restaurant or take away and are so authentic, and so easy to make she used to get me and my sister to do the side dishes!
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • D&DD
    D&DD Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry for the delay posting,we haven't just finished breakfast honest!

I tried out the bacon and egg muffins. I took a gamble and made 6 as the muffins needed eating up and judging by the fact I only got a taste and not a whole one I'd say they were a success :D Really nice actually and very similar to McD's enough not to notice they didn't come in a wrapper :rotfl:

I used the processed cheese from farmfoods,smoked back bacon from Tescos and bog standard eggs and muffins from Sainsburys.

Just perusing the curry recipes now for tomorrow.
  • jc2703
    jc2703 Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Options
    Ordered mine today - had some money left on my account from a gift voucher so it actually cost me 81p :D
    Climbing back on the OS wagon after a short vacation to Recklessness
    Quit Smoking 08/06/09
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi Merlin

I would be interested to have a read ! I will merge this later with the main takeaway thread, so we keep all the relevant discussion together

thanks
    Zip :)
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    Options
    No! i knew there was another thread to merge it with - Recipe book recommendations please :)
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• cheerfulness4
    cheerfulness4 Posts: 2,874 Forumite
    Options
    Awww, just subscribed to this thread as I was hoping to follow the recipes after others have tried. Bet I'll get confused with it getting merged now. :(

My books waiting to be picked up from the library now. Hoping my lot will enjoy 'takeaways' again soon after a very long break from them. :)
  • Bongedone
    Bongedone Posts: 2,457 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Awww, just subscribed to this thread as I was hoping to follow the recipes after others have tried. Bet I'll get confused with it getting merged now. :(

My books waiting to be picked up from the library now. Hoping my lot will enjoy 'takeaways' again soon after a very long break from them. :)

2nd vote not to merge yet!
  • Bongedone
    Bongedone Posts: 2,457 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cuca wrote: »
    :( because I dont live in the UK it will cost me more on postage to get this book if I order it. Could someone tell me the kfc and the tandori recipe pleeeease :o

Check your PM
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family