MMD: Should I let them bury the dog?

Options

Comments

• akarnold
    akarnold Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    People are still posting about what to do with a dead buried dog.
    In my back garden is buried one cat, eight chickens, a cockatiel, a hedgehog and numerous small birds and a few small mammals. Plus millions of dead slugs, snails, frogs and assorted insects. Some sadly missed, others forgotten.
    I have dug many holes but have not to date uncovered much of interest. Other than fragments of clay pipes and an old halfpenny.
    If the actors in this thread are for real, can we please find out if the sale went through.
    If I ever move into another house with a garden I will have to dig a few holes here and there out of curiosity.
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It is not illegal to bury a dead pet in your garden, but the hole must be at least 6' deep.

Any dads on goldfish or budgie burial duty this weekend are going to be very cheesed off about that ;)
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • henpecked1
    Options
    akarnold wrote: »
    In my back garden is buried one cat, eight chickens, a cockatiel, a hedgehog and numerous small birds and a few small mammals. Plus millions of dead slugs, snails, frogs and assorted insects. Some sadly missed, others forgotten.
    I have dug many holes but have not to date uncovered much of interest. Other than fragments of clay pipes and an old halfpenny.
    If the actors in this thread are for real, can we please find out if the sale went through.
    If I ever move into another house with a garden I will have to dig a few holes here and there out of curiosity.

like something out of a Steven King film.
  • Amethyst_ice
    Options

I think...reading from the original the sale fell through but the dog got buried...only skim read it
    Need a new start..wheres good to live in the UK?!
  • pete64_2
    Options
    If you want to sell let them. If their dog is in your garden they are much less likely to pull out of the deal!
  • *Chattie*
    *Chattie* Posts: 707 Forumite
    Options
    meher wrote: »
    If it didn't involve a confused buyer and their dead dog I'd be rolling over laughing - he has a great sense of humor and the conversation is so gentle and amusing; that said to me it looks like the OP has made those posts in good faith, as if to lighten up the stress he's going through or anticipating - no cardinal sin has been committed.

The real odd one out is the so called friend who transpired the thread to this buyer. I do feel sorry for the buyer who has been exposed in what appears to be a funny light but he was entirely inappropriate to have expected the dog to be buried in a total stranger's land/property even before the purchase. The OP must be a very kind man to have permitted it, helped him so much and I hope the significance of that gesture isn't trivialised whilst they are busy wallowing in self-pity.

I hope all goes well for you op. I wish I had that kind of confidence and able to take it if life were to throw such at me. I'm positive I would have fainted if I had to recieve someone with a dead dog in a boot; it would've been next to impossible to get me to see sense leave alone gone so far helping someone. I genuinely appreciate this kindness; such instances lend strength and character to those lacking in it.

ps: I didn't quite understand the goldfish part of the incident

have you read the other thread?

hilarious cheered up another wise boring friday :D
  • Evilm
    Evilm Posts: 1,950 Forumite
    Options

OP is claiming in the other thread that the buyers are pulling out due to this thread and are trying to get compensation out of him.

I am still not convinced this is true but if it is my commiserations to OP. In his position I would be very annoyed at the buyers and trying to recoup costs for the damage to the garden from them.

All OP has done is seek advice and if the buyers read the original thread how much OP has done to help them then they should realise he is not out to hurt them.

(If its a joke: OP you are good!)
  • tks_2
    tks_2 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    What a darned cheek. You do not allow prospective house buyers to bury a dead animal [from what did it die?] in the garden of a property which does not belong to them. Surely the remains can either be cremated for later burial, or maybe the corpse could be deep frozen, or, chilled by a suitable animal undertaker?
  • gspspringer
    Options
    You could suggest they have the dog cremated, they can then keep the ashes in the casket provided. If they move again in the future they can take the dog with them, rather than leaving him behind! I've kept my springer's ashes and he'll be buried with me, hopefully not for a long time though!
    Where are they keeping the dog whilst they await your decision?:A
  • xaghra
    xaghra Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Firstly it is not illegal to bury your dog etc in your garden,you can even bury a member of the family in it. However why don't they freeze the dog in question and when they have bought the house they can then bury the dog themselves
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure