🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Jediteacher saying enough is enough!

Options

Comments

• jediteacher
    jediteacher Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    Options
    Managed to pick up four mystery shopping assignments for this week. I have two booked for today but will have to cancel as my little girl is poorly sick today. She's 3 but still suffers from reflux and every so often her stomach inflames and we have a few days of being sick and not eating. Hopefully it will settle down as she's due her pre-school boosters onn Wednesday.

Anyway, I won £10 on the bingo so have paid that into the egg account. This means that the egg money amount is £180.
    'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.' :cool:
    Proud Mummy to two gorgeous miracles.:j
  • jediteacher
    Options
    56!

I did 0.....walks away ashamed.:o

I usually miss the days. Really need to declutter as well as make money. Made my hubby look after our little girl and just ploughed on till I ran out of steam. It is such a boring job.
    'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.' :cool:
  • jediteacher
    Options
    Right did 4 mystery shops today. Now I need to just write up the reports.

Picked up another eight today. Got seven to do this week before Wednesday.

Going to be a busy week as I'm meeting a friend with her little girl on Wednesday to see Toy Story 3. This will be my little ones first visit to a cinema and we're going on the Orange Wednesday offer so not too expensive. Will cheer her up after her jabs.

Will be back later to see how much money I have made on mystery shopping today.
  • jediteacher
    Options
    Todays going to be a bit manic as I have 7 mystery shops ahich I could do this morning but at 10.30am I have an emergency dentist appoitment as the root canal I had done 2 weeks ago is still causing me pain. I cannnot have anything hot or cold touching any teeth on that side.

Anyway have decided to write down all my spends so that I can really keep track of what is going out of my account. Some of the spends will be reimburst as they are for my mystery shopping. Here is what I spent:

Mystery shopping purchases: £26.82 (these will be refunded next month)
    Snack & coffee: £4.85
    One go on a ride for little girl: £1.50
    Parking: £2.20
    Total: £35.37 (£8.55 of money not refunded)

I must be very careful how much I spend as I easily spend the odd pound here and there and it soon adds up. Some of this was on card some on cash. I might have to do 2 seperate totals?

I hope today is better.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Jediteacher.

I hope the tooth gets sorted out.

It sounds like mystery shopping keeps you busy. I have thought about it but I was a retail manager in a previous life so tend to be a little over critical if I go into a shop and the standards aren't what they should be. Plus I used to be harassed by them regularly.:eek::mad: Are there any good companies to sign up with?

Off to sort out the room I've just painted then put some stuff on ebay.

P
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • jediteacher
    Options
    Parsnip,

You have been busy. We've been in this house nearly seven years and haven't done anything to it. We need a new kitchen, bathroom and lounge but have never had any money to do them. One day.

I hope things are ok with you at the moment.

Jedi
  • jediteacher
    Options
    Well, back at the dentist at 9:00am as I have a cracked filling behind the root canal tooth so that's going to be another £45! Not going to be a cheap day tomorrow.

Today my spends were:

Mystery Shopping: £19.50 (will get this back)
    Treated my little girl to McDonals (as she says) £6.53 (and me too!)

Total spend: £26.03

It's amazing when you write it all down how quickly you realise how much you spend. I know that I'll get back some of it plus a fee but it's still an outlay at the beginning.

Well tomorrow I'm at the dentist, my little girl has her pre-school booster injections and then we're off to see Toy Story 3 (a treat for the holidays and I'm using the Orange Wednesday offer).

I also learnt today how to use my slow cooker for rhubarb so will pop that on in the morning and freeze it.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Jediteacher.

You sound like a very busy person yourself.

Another early start for me. I must keep going while I have the momentum, it wont last long.

I've been in my house 8yrs and have had lots of work done (damp proofing, etc) but have so much to do on the decorating side. To be honest I'm using stuff which I brought previously and never used (I wonder where the debt came from eh?) I do tend to go from sitting and moping around to manic whizzing around doing things. I'm going to sort all the sewing stuff in my spare room today as I intend to fill it one day if you know what I mean.

I hope the injection goes well for the little one and the tooth is sorted. At least you have the film to look forward to later.

I wish you hadn't mentioned rhubarb, I can't stop thinking about rhubarb crumble now.:drool:

Hope you are feeling ok. Have a good day.

P
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Right. Have just decluttered some of my clothes. There's 5 bin bags to go to charity shops and the branded stuff will be going on ebay. A long way to go to not only clear my debt but my house as well! :o

You could sell the non branded stuff on ebay in job lots. Might be worth a go on a free listing weekend.
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • jediteacher
    Options
    Parsnip,

Your life eerily echoes mine. We too have a spare room!

Tooth all done now and the lovely dentist didn't charge me anything for it as she said she should have spotted the problem when she was doing my root canal. She also gave me a white filling as it's stronger and will bond the tooth.

Right off to the doctors now with the little girl for injections.

Will report back on spends.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family