Jediteacher saying enough is enough!

Options
jediteacher
jediteacher Posts: 1,143 Forumite
edited 13 August 2010 at 4:45PM in Debt free diaries
Right it's high time I really tackled my debt. I owe £25,000 on cards and a loan. I hope by posting on here regularly it will keep me motivated.

A quick history of how I got here. Seven years ago I had to had my first miscarriage and to make me feel better I shopped. I then had my daughter three years ago. Since then I've had three miscarriages and have been unable to conceive again. As a result I shop as this makes me feel better. I have now had my 'light bulb' moment and have realised it is this guilt and unhappiness that makes me spend money. Things are bad and what I need to do is get back on track and get rid of this debt. My OH knows about most of the debt but doesn't really understand. I have tried talking to him but to no avail. So, it's my debt and I need to shift it. I have signed up to do mystery shopping and ebay loads of stuff although this is proving not as lucrative as I had hoped.

My aim is to have paid all the debt by 2013 as this is our deadline for moving house and getting a bigger place in a much nicer area. I work part time and so have two days in which I can do extra stuff. Will need to come up with more ways to save and get money.

Anyway, biting the bullet and getting motivated.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.' :cool:
Proud Mummy to two gorgeous miracles.:j

Comments

• 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck with paying it all back.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • jediteacher
    Options
    Right. Have just decluttered some of my clothes. There's 5 bin bags to go to charity shops and the branded stuff will be going on ebay. A long way to go to not only clear my debt but my house as well! :o
    'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.' :cool:
  • jediteacher
    Options
    Off to the charity shop now to donate the five massive bags of decluttering. Need to spend some money today as have run out of migraine medicine and it's cheaper to buy than get on prescription.

I have decided that I will try and log on here nearly every day and write down my spends and saves even if no one else reading or replying as it helps me to clear my mind as to whats going on.

I did make some money yesterday mystery shopping so later on I will keep a running today of amount of each debt paid off. Will start with the highest interest one and work my way down.
  • angelicmary85
    Options
    Jedi!!

How are you?!

You should come back to PAD! :)
    Started PADdin' 13/04/09 paid £7486.66 - CC free 02/11/10
    Aim for 2011 - pay off car loan £260.00 saved
    Nerd No. 1173! :j
    Made by God...Improved by the The Devil :D
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Jediteacher

I had to post as your first post touched a nerve.

I have been spending more than I should lately even though I have a debt similar to yours, just over £24000. I have had three miscarriages since January and think I'm trying to make things better by buying stuff (carp). To be honest I think the worry of the debt is a contributing factor to the losses.

It's good to see you doing something positive and I will follow your diary to try and get a little more motivated if that's ok.

Best wishes.

P
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • jediteacher
    Options
    Jedi!!

How are you?!

You should come back to PAD! :)

Hi angelicmary,

I will get back to padding asap. My in-laws have treated us to a week away so I'l start as soon as we get back. To be honest I stopped because there was talk of babies and pregnancy and at the time it just made me feel worse. However, I have missed you guys.

Great to see you. smiley-hug013.gif
  • jediteacher
    Options
    Hi Jediteacher

I had to post as your first post touched a nerve.

I have been spending more than I should lately even though I have a debt similar to yours, just over £24000. I have had three miscarriages since January and think I'm trying to make things better by buying stuff (carp). To be honest I think the worry of the debt is a contributing factor to the losses.

It's good to see you doing something positive and I will follow your diary to try and get a little more motivated if that's ok.

Best wishes.

P

Would love you to follow. I have had 3 miscarriages since last june. I have had all the tests and all has come back as nothing being wrong. We're still going to try and have another little one but I am terrified. It also seems that where ever I look there are pregnant women and at the moment it just feels unfair. My heart goes out to you as I know how powerless and utterly heartwrenching it is. smiley-hug005.gif

Please feel free to pm me whenever even if it's just to vent.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Would love you to follow. I have had 3 miscarriages since last june. I have had all the tests and all has come back as nothing being wrong. We're still going to try and have another little one but I am terrified. It also seems that where ever I look there are pregnant women and at the moment it just feels unfair. My heart goes out to you as I know how powerless and utterly heartwrenching it is. smiley-hug005.gif

Please feel free to pm me whenever even if it's just to vent.

Thanks Jediteacher

Same here - keep trying, but I'm not exactly a spring chicken. Whatever happens I still have my wonderful DH. You're right it's heartwrenching every month with no pregnancy, but when it did happen I didn't feel like I could get excited.

I know what you mean about seeing pregnant women or the baby ads on the TV. Or every soap storyline being about pregnancy and miscarriage (my hubbie is a soap addict unfortunately - the big girl).

I hope you have some wonderful news soon.

The PM and venting is welcome this way too.

P

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • jediteacher
    Options
    Well, yesterday wasn't too great as I spend £19.98 in boots on some AA batteries and a new memory card for my camera. I then spent £9.76 in sainsburys on some magazines and newspapers. In fairness we do need the batteries and I do need a new memory card and the batteries were 3 for 2.

My lovely in-laws have surprised us with a holiday to Suffolk next week. We weren't planning on going anywhere but they felt we could do with a break. They are coming with us which will mean that we can have some time together without our daughter. This will mean that I will not post until we come back next week.

I have been good and taken out in cash a set amount of money and this is all I will be allowed to spend. I will take a notebook with me and write down everything that I spend.

On a positive note I have decided to make me feel better that I will pay back my Egg Money card. There is £211.84 on there and it will mean that I can clear this in a few weeks. Today I have paid in £11.84 to round it down to £200.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Good luck with splatting that Egg card. I have the Amex:mad: I want rid of in the next few months.

Have a nice holiday.:beer:

P

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure