Sky, Virgin & BT TV Haggle down prices and get serious discounts Article Discussion

Options

Comments

• rayhool
    rayhool Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Innys1 wrote: »
    Sky have offered me 60% off for 12 months and £100 credit by e-mail...........again.

Is there a code on the email, what's the number to ring?
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Sky have offered me 60% off for 12 months and £100 credit by e-mail...........again.
    If its on a 31 day rolling contract then you can call them up before the credit is used up and cancel the TV part even though you are still under offer then you get a few months of sky services for nothing.
  • Oli.s
    Oli.s Posts: 548 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

I went on the web chat last night as my cancellation goes through next week. I told them I knew that there was a discount offer of 60% with a £100 bill credit and could we save the merry go round of me being cut off then reconnecting a few days later and just apply this offer post cut off but they were having none of it.

Daft thing is that this time around in actually not bothered about keeping the tv package at all as the smart tv has pretty everything we want available on its catch up apps.
  • Innys1
    Innys1 Posts: 3,434 Forumite
    Options
    rayhool wrote: »
    Is there a code on the email, what's the number to ring?

Livechat or 08442 411 378
  • Innys1
    Innys1 Posts: 3,434 Forumite
    Options
    KTF wrote: »
    If its on a 31 day rolling contract then you can call them up before the credit is used up and cancel the TV part even though you are still under offer then you get a few months of sky services for nothing.

Nope, it's a 12 month contract.
  • gibby9
    gibby9 Posts: 166 Forumite
    Options
    I got a call today 6 days after cancelling. Offered and accepted

50% off Family TV for 10 months
    Free broadband
    £50 credit on account

Tied in to contract on the broadband only for 12 months.
  • Oli.s
    Oli.s Posts: 548 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    gibby9 wrote: »

Free broadband
    £50 credit on account

I had the same call this morning with £80 credit but declined. I did have an interesting discussion about the free 12 month broadband because the lady kept telling me it only meant a new contract for the bb not the phone but I pointed out that because the offer price was conditional on having a sky phone line they were effectively tying me into a phone contract too.
  • gibby9
    Options

Free broadband
    £50 credit on account

Thought I'd add to this. Prior to Sky making the above offer i took out a new contract last week with Virgin on their Big Kahuna offer. I called Virgin to cancel the installation today and they offered £9 off a month straight away with no questions. I turned it down but was surprised at Virgin offering money off an already discounted offer when I havent even became a customer yet.
  • milgo
    milgo Posts: 298 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thought I'd add to this. Prior to Sky making the above offer i took out a new contract last week with Virgin on their Big Kahuna offer. I called Virgin to cancel the installation today and they offered £9 off a month straight away with no questions. I turned it down but was surprised at Virgin offering money off an already discounted offer when I havent even became a customer yet.

How much were they asking you to pay for the Big Kahuna bundle?
  • gibby9
    Options
    milgo wrote: »
    How much were they asking you to pay for the Big Kahuna bundle?

£40 a month for first 12 months rising to £65 a month for next 6 months.

The deal I'd taken included £100 amazon vouchers and £110 quidco cashback. Potential problem though as the cashback didnt track.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure