🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Co-Op Bank introduces monthly fee on some credit card

Options

Comments

• kenshaz
    kenshaz Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :rotfl: News has just come in that this thread has been awarded a Stella Award for a fictitious class action ,similar to the poodle and the micro-wave case.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To be happy you need to make someone happy.[/FONT]
  • M_Thomson
    M_Thomson Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    kenshaz wrote:
    :rotfl: News has just come in that this thread has been awarded a Stella Award for a fictitious class action ,similar to the poodle and the micro-wave case.

Come again ???!!!???
  • kenshaz
    Options
    These stories,and others like them are circulated by email and purport to be genuine legal cases often labeled " The Stella Awards".But they are at best wild exaggerations.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To be happy you need to make someone happy.[/FONT]
  • kenshaz
    Options
    Microwave maker was sued by an old lady who cooked her poodle,following her attempt to dry the dog after giving it a bath .A Stella Award.purported to be genuine ,but a wild exaggeration
  • M_Thomson
    M_Thomson Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    kenshaz wrote:
    These stories,and others like them are circulated by email and purport to be genuine legal cases often labeled " The Stella Awards".But they are at best wild exaggerations.

The fact is that Co-Op have decided to charge an annual fee on some of their credit cards, nearly all credit cards have increased their APR's and the chairman of HSBC has said that charging on Bank accounts is inevatable. I would say those "stories" seem to have a grain of truth in them.
  • kenshaz
    Options
    Well I am pleased to see the penny has dropped ,this site will further your understanding www.stellaawards.com
  • kenshaz
    Options
    :rotfl:
    M_Thomson wrote:
    The fact is that Co-Op have decided to charge an annual fee, nearly all credit cards have increased their APR's and the chairman of HSBC has said that charging on Bank accounts is inevatable. I would say those "stories" seem to have a grain of truth in them.
    :rotfl:Come again/?*&*^^%
  • aj3001
    aj3001 Posts: 730 Forumite
    Options
    The Co-op will be charging monthly fees, £2 a month I believe, my dad has a card with them which has now been cancelled due to this monthly fee
  • CopperPlate_2
    Options
    I'm sorry, but it wasn't made up. The report was lifted from a newspaper and evidently another paper has run it too so if there's a problem with the provenance of the information, take it up with the paper - it is not some urban myth being peddled by email.
  • kenshaz
    Options
    Talk about class action ,I think this is a class act designed to fool us all,never believe what you read in newspapers.
    www.stellaawards.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport