'Policing benefit bashing in the forum: valid debate or hate crime?' blog discussion

Options

Comments

• Saucepot
    Saucepot Posts: 12,322 Forumite
    Options
    cit_k wrote: »
    I refer everyone to this post.

Why not the whole thread? It's quite funny.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2641157

I cannot count the number of times you've accused a difference of opinion of being a "hate crime", of libel & and reported it to abuse. At least your keeping the mods busy. It's not like they have anything else to do.
    I wonder why it is, that young men are always cautioned against bad girls. Anyone can handle a bad girl. It's the good girls men should be warned against.-David Niven
  • cit_k
    cit_k Posts: 24,812 Forumite
    Options
    Saucepot wrote: »
    Why not the whole thread? It's quite funny.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2641157

I cannot count the number of times you've accused a difference of opinion of being a "hate crime", of libel & and reported it to abuse. At least your keeping the mods busy. It's not like they have anything else to do.

Yes, that thread is a good guide to who is a benefit basher and who is not, the 'thanks' usage is quite revealing. Perhaps the abuse team could learn from it.
    [greenhighlight]but it matters when the most senior politician in the land is happy to use language and examples that are simply not true.
    [/greenhighlight][redtitle]
    The impact of this is to stigmatise people on benefits,
    and we should be deeply worried about that
    [/redtitle](house of lords debate, talking about Cameron)
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    Options

That is an opinion, probably not one widely held, not one I hold, but he is entitled to hold that opinion. It was not expressed abusively, so why would you presume that the post would be removed or that the poster would be PPR'd?
  • althestan
    althestan Posts: 364 Forumite
    Options

Its only an opinion, an extreme one at that and poles apart from your strongly held opinions. So somewhere in the middle lies the truth.
  • Saucepot
    Options
    Yes, that thread is a good guide to who is a benefit basher and who is not, the 'thanks' usage is quite revealing. Perhaps the abuse team could learn from it.

Why don't you save them the trouble and email Martin a list of all those you find acceptable and all those you don't, and would like banned.

Why not call one list "Tax Payers" and the other "Chatsworth Buccaneers", just so they are clear which is which.
    I wonder why it is, that young men are always cautioned against bad girls. Anyone can handle a bad girl. It's the good girls men should be warned against.-David Niven
  • jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    Options
    Saucepot wrote: »
    Why don't you save them the trouble and email Martin a list of all those you find acceptable and all those you don't, and would like banned.

Why not call one list "Tax Payers" and the other "Chatsworth Buccaneers", just so they are clear which is which.

careful that chip on your shoulders gonna cook in a minute
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • Saucepot
    Options
    jamespir wrote: »
    careful that chip on your shoulders gonna cook in a minute

Benefits don't really annoy me as much as it may appear. Ian Duncan Smith will sort it out. The bell is ringing "time gentleman please", for those choosing a life on welfare.
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    Options
    It is true that Citk seems to have a list of those posters he considers are acceptable as MSE members and those he does not. I find that rather sad, there are many people I disagree vehemently with but I accept they are entitled to their POV and to express it as they see fit within the bounds of decency.
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    I think MSE should shut it's doors for a couple of days, and some posters will have the opportunity to reflect on what it is that MSE gives them.
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    Options
    poet123 wrote: »
    It is true that Citk seems to have a list of those posters he considers are acceptable as MSE members and those he does not. I find that rather sad, there are many people I disagree vehemently with but I accept they are entitled to their POV and to express it as they see fit within the bounds of decency.

i dont think that we should deter anyone from coming to mse except trolls
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure