🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Roxies £3K diary - help!

Options

Comments

• RoxieW
    RoxieW Posts: 3,016 Forumite
    Options
    Oh and I didn't do the ironing either lol.
    MANAGED TO CLEAR A 3K OVERDRAFT IN ONE FRUGAL, SUPER CHARGED MONEY EARNING MONTH!:j
    £10 a day challenge Aug £408.50, Sept £90
    Weekly.
    155/200
    "It's not always rainbows and butterflies, It's compromise that moves us along."
  • vasseur
    vasseur Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    RoxieW wrote: »

Well another night another money argument. I thought goin to a BBQ tomo nigth would be a nice cheap night out but now dale wants to get taxis there and back so that he can have a drink. So that will treble the cost.

If you're still off alcohol could you drive? Sorry I'm assuming you can drive here :o. I must admit that I used to think it was pointless going out unless I could have a drink but in the last year I've realised that I can have a nice time, on very little money and no hangover the next day either. Also, if I've got the car with me and I find I'm having a rotten time I can leave whenever I want :)

Maybe tell him the taxi money's got to come out of next week's food budget then get him to do the food shopping. Can you tell I'm not married?? I hope you resolve it either way and have a lovely time regardless.
    It's not how far you fall - it's how high you bounce back.... :j
    Happiness is not a destination - it's a journey :)
  • belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You could always take the car to wherever you're going and then walk/bike/get a lift to pick it up the next day? We often do this, it's a good way to blow the cobwebs away the morning after the night before :)
  • RoxieW
    Options
    Hi poles I can drive but am not insure on the car as I would rarely use it. Um he wont do the shopping lol I don't think I'd trust him to do it as I'd have to cook from what he bought anyway. I can understand Why he wants to have a drink but I just don't think its really worth the extra twenty quid it would cost. Plus he's not his best when he's had a drink so I'd rather he didn't. It will have to either come out of the grocery money or from keeping the kids occupied next week :/ he's assuring me to spend extra money but then I know he'll be mad if I go over budget. Can't bloody win.
    MANAGED TO CLEAR A 3K OVERDRAFT IN ONE FRUGAL, SUPER CHARGED MONEY EARNING MONTH!:j
    Weekly.
    155/200
    "It's not always rainbows and butterflies, It's compromise that moves us along."
  • RoxieW
    Options
    Hi belfastgirl If it was closer we would but it's about 5 miles and we will have the kids in tow.
    Weekly.
    155/200
  • RoxieW
    Options
    Ok so this is why i hate ebay. Jut sold loads of designer clothes for 99p a throw :mad: someone out there has got some right bargains. made £16 on a load of ted baker items - most hardly worn. TBH id have rather given them away to someone I know.

On the upside the wii board sold for £45. So that's £61 made in one day. Just such a shame about the clothes - I was hoping for more.

Long day at work today. Just got back. Took my ipad but didnt dare get it out in the meeting because i didnt want to look like a poser. So scribbled on my note pad as usual. Lol. Oh how the mind works. Did use it on the train though so thats 4 hours that would normally be waste that I could use instead. And time is money after all...

BBQ tonight. Taking the taxi to appease OH :/

Hope everyone else is ok and are having good weekends :)

Oh and i took my flask and was so glad i did as there was no buffet car on my train :)
    Weekly.
    155/200
  • RoxieW
    Options
    So made it through last week and was £10 up on the budget :) Rolling it over to next week.
    Weekly.
    155/200
  • FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You're doing really well....chin up....

I find the same thing with ebay. By the time I've paid my fees, posted stuff etc I feel like my profit is marginal and I'd rather give stuff to a charity shop.
    I tend to look at the 'auctions ended' to see what similar items have gone for so I know if it's worth it. Other people swear by it, though....

Hope you enjoyed your BBQ :)
  • RoxieW
    Options
    Morning all! Yes BBQ was fab thanks. £20 for a fab night out so not that bad really. Although my refusal of vodka shots and other unmentionables made me probably the squarest one there. But I am the one up with 3 kids the following morning so hey ho.

Taking the boys to see shrek this aft at my £2 cinema and then to a kids bday party so that's a reasonably low spend day. Was thinking of getting a couple of charms for my pandora with the money my dad gave me my bday. Othereise it'll just get swallowed up on nothing and I'd rather have something I can keep from him. He wasn't around when was growing up and he's not in the best of health so it sounds morbid I know but I'd like to have some reminders of him even if they weren't directly chosen by him lol.

Lovely day today so might take my iPad and a vat of coffee out to the garden to work. Feeling inspired from the meeting yesterday so gotta get cracking on. I'm feel I'm at the stage in my career where I'm just on the brink. I've been earning as a writer for the past year but now I'd like to build on that to actual earn a living as a writer. A proper living. Am not greedy - I'd just like to earn an average - ney even low level wage from it. To earn a living doing what I love to do is of course the dream. I have a play on at Edinburgh festival this week but unfortunately funds being as they are I can't justify the expense of the trip up there :(. I have seen it when it premiered but I would loved to have experienced the whole festival vibe. Oh well, never mind.
    Weekly.
    155/200
  • rubber_soul
    Options
    Hi Roxie,

Glad you had a good bbq- it's been really miserable where I am all weekend, lots of rain! :(
    I am impressed with regards to having a play on at Edinburgh festival! Is that your main area of interest/expertise or do you dabble in a range of writing? Very interesting! :)

Hope you have a good day!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family