The giving up/cutting down alcohol support thread Part 8!

Options

Comments

• Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Morning all,

All this talk of delicious food is making me hungry.

Everyone sounds so cheerful that I don't want to bring the mood down but feeling bad this morning. Drank too much last night and woke up worrying about the test results I'll get this week. What makes a person (me) drink so much when I know it is so bad for me?

I'm determined to make a real effort this month but the worry is getting me down and when I get down I drink, then I get down etc etc!!

DB x

Hey I could have written that post - you're so not alone - lets see if we can keep us all up this month

I'm stressed as heck with work etc

JO happy new thread :) well done for starting it

Did a pile of batch cooking yesterday - and have a chicken roasting so absolutley no idea what's for tea :rotfl:

Potentially roast chicken

Might make meringues as I'm up to 5 eggs a day from the hens - do eggs send well in the post :rotfl:????

69chick I hope the move has gone well - you finished yet :)

DB put me down for 20 this month please - I'm aiming for more but hoping I'll get 20

:A take care of yourself!
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    jo1972 wrote: »
    So rude :eek: :eek: :eek:

:p

But that's why we all love her to bits:D Good to hear you sounding more like your usual self HB.

Well done SSG, that's a fantastic acievement. If you've got no more money, is that because you're treating yourself? I hope so.

DB, of course you're worried but you'll feel so much better with a few AF days under your belt. Plenty of hand-holding available on here.

Thanks so much for the new thread jo and giving us all a positive start to August.

I made that pork last week and it was excellent. I got two meals and a couple of sandwiches out of it (for 2 of us) but it would have gone even further if I hadn't been picking bits off!!

Today we are having duck (cheating with portions from a tin of confit from my last visit to France) with dauphinois potatoes (just made those and one for the freezer) plus loads of veg.

Hoping to drag OH out for a bit of a walk later. Have a good afternoon everyone.
  • Different_Corner
    Options
    As per food, I have had a Galaxy Ripple for breakfast cos I saw it in the fridge, dinner....who knows????

Hope you all have a great day

SSG

XX
    SSG, can I come round for dinner if you are having a Galaxy themed Sunday ?
    DC.
    "Some people walk in the rain... others just get wet... " - Roger Miller
  • Different_Corner
    Options
    What makes a person (me) drink so much when I know it is so bad for me?

I'm determined to make a real effort this month but the worry is getting me down and when I get down I drink, then I get down etc etc!!

DB x

DB
    I want off this merry-go-round too.

The example I am setting to my sons as young adults is bad. I don't want them to grow up thinking every night is 'crack open a can' night. So much more to life.
    DC.
    "Some people walk in the rain... others just get wet... " - Roger Miller
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SSG, tis your fault, I've just left Mr Ts, a multipack of ripples just found their way into my basket!
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • DecemberBaby_2
    Options
    DB
    I want off this merry-go-round too.

The example I am setting to my sons as young adults is bad. I don't want them to grow up thinking every night is 'crack open a can' night. So much more to life.

I feel just the same about my two sons.

Thanks folks for all the nice messages. It does help to know I am not alone in this.

About to post up the targets received so far for this month.

Db x
  • DecemberBaby_2
    Options
    The August challenge starts today. For anyone lurking who fancies joining in, you declare the number of days you'd like to be AF (alcohol free) for. Then you let me know how many you've done and I update and post the scores. It doesn't matter if your target is 5 or 31 and you can be TF - target free and just do your own thing.
    We're all here to support each other.

So far I have:-

CWM 27
    DB 20
    DC 31
    Dotstar 15
    Fay 20
    HB TF
    Jo 31
    Maman 10
    Miss P 20
    Noynoy 16
    NRA 15
    RN 10
    Shaggy 17
    Sparkles 31
    SSG 20

There's room for a lot more :). Where are the menfolks?

DB x

• 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Options
    Popping in to say hello. Will try and be a bit more regular....figs and prunes should do it!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • randomname_3
    Options

There's room for a lot more :). Where are the menfolks?

DB x

[/QUOTE]
    I'm here
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
    (Mark Twain)
  • heath480
    heath480 Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy August everyone.

Thankyou Jo for new thread.:T:T:T.

For dinner I am cooking duck with orange sauce,roast spuds and veg,followed by strawberries,cream and meringue.

Just back from a camping trip to Sussex with DS1.Photos on FB,DS1 put them on I deleted some of them,I am no spring chicken but looked about 90 in a few! also any beer bottles etc. were his! I love Sussex which is where I was brought up,good to take DS around and show him the sights.Could never live sarf though the traffic is unbelievable.:eek:.Took us 6 hours to do a 3hr journey yesterday,mostly on M25!

Good luck to all for August,as I always say if I can do it anyone can.
    Sobriety delivers everything Alcohol promised.

Alcohol free since May 23rd 2003.:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport