We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Boosting your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Jamc4659 wrote: »
    does anyone know if you get club card points for tesco insurance.

Yes, you do. I have my car insurance through Tesco and I get points on my statement each month for it (cos I pay monthly, I suppose if your friend paid an annual lump sum then she'd receive the equivalent in points annually)

TBH I'm not sure about whether they'd permit your CC number to be used with her insurance, but it wouldn't hurt to try I guess.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Jamc4659 wrote: »
    does anyone know if you get club card points for tesco insurance. My mate has it and she doesn't collect points but said she would let me have them. Then if I gave her my number would I get able to get her points? Or can you only get them when you sign up? She has 2 or 3 policies with them for different insurances.

When you re-new a policy you'll continue to get 'points' for insurance - but for about a year new policies have been excluded. Though, they will still ask for your CC no - you get a better rate, and there may be promotional points attached.
    The card doesn't have to be yours, but it should have the same surname, and certainly the same address.
    CC no needs to be provided at the application or very soon afterwards.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Spotted instore today 1000 bonus points when you buy Karcher jetwash. Not for everyone, and at about £80-odd (can't remember exact price) I doubt it's worth buying JUST for the points, but if you were looking to get one anyway....
  • mapcr77
    mapcr77 Posts: 667 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I need 200 points to renew a mag subscription by the next time they issue vouchers. Any suggestions/offers I could do to boost my points? Thanks!!
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Should be able to womble 200 dead easy
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • JAG
    JAG Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mapcr77 wrote: »
    I need 200 points to renew a mag subscription by the next time they issue vouchers. Any suggestions/offers I could do to boost my points? Thanks!!

Get four packs of potatoes.

Tesco Everyday Value New Potatoes 1Kg 59p and get 50 Extra Clubcard points.
  • lovingtescoforever
    Options
    mapcr77 wrote: »

Buy 2 Selected packs of potatoes and get 50 extra clubcard points :)

I bought 8 bags of value new potatoes today. 59p each and got 200 extra clubcard points :T:T
  • mapcr77
    mapcr77 Posts: 667 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JAG wrote: »
    Get four packs of potatoes.

Tesco Everyday Value New Potatoes 1Kg 59p and get 50 Extra Clubcard points.

Superb! Thanks a lot!

Now... what can I do with all those potatoes?? :rotfl:
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,772 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    In a recent mailing the computers at Tesco Towers decided to send me a number of money off & extra points coupons. Most were for things I buy regularly. It's just that I've been buying them elsewhere recently as I don't like Tesco prices.

I've managed to use a few coupons, though some aren't worth it. Even with the money off/extra points it's still cheaper to buy elsewhere.

One coupon in particular has been very useful. An extra 100 points when I use it.

According to the coupon it can only be used once so I was pleasantly surprised when I sifted through my wallet & found the coupon, and it was accepted. I'd already used it but must have accidentally put it back in my wallet instead of the slot under the till. I should also point out that I seem to be extremely clumsy or forgetful as this has now happened at least 5 times.

So I'm wondering if accounts get checked at all?

The coupon's expiry date is the end of May so if I'm not careful I might have a few more mishaps at the tills.

P.S anyone know how long you can freeze orange juice for? I seem to have quite a lot in the fridge :o
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    you would seriously need to kick the backside out it, for it to get noticed- we are not talking a coule of times - anyway the cashier is suposed to take it off you
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport