We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Boosting your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• adoreholidays
    Options
    Hi I checked my account and my 20000 points for phone deal have been added to my account :j
  • Underscore
    Options
    When did you buy the phone? Have you paid your first bill or more than one bill? Thanks
  • adoreholidays
    Options
    Underscore wrote: »
    When did you buy the phone? Have you paid your first bill or more than one bill? Thanks

Looks like I ordered on 6/12 first bill taken on 22/12 only by chance checked clubcard account yesterday wasn't expecting these to be added for this statement, but not sure exactly when went on as not checked the acct for a long time but well chuffed as not sure whether to do the avios offer in FEB was going to stay away from these due to changes as used the last airmiles on New York trip for this year but on booking acc seperate it has been rather expensive and one wonders is it cheaper doing a package.

We weren't intending doing NY until 2013 but brought it forward due to changes it would have cost us over £1500 more cash with the changes so I suppose that has partly helped towards the acc costs
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,320 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    used the last airmiles on New York trip for this year but on booking acc seperate it has been rather expensive and one wonders is it cheaper doing a package.

We weren't intending doing NY until 2013 but brought it forward due to changes it would have cost us over £1500 more cash with the changes so I suppose that has partly helped towards the acc costs

We also used our Airmiles to book flights to NY for this year before the scheme changed.
    Nearly had a heart attack at NYC hotel prices so am now planning to change more CC vouchers while the bonus offer is on and use these Avios pts to book our hotel in NY, (half points, half cash) which will reduce the cost considerably.
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £575
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • adoreholidays
    Options
    Drat why didn't I think to look at that it cost us $2325 for 7 nights New York and $1250 for 5 nights in Boston just booked them last week still got to sort last night near JFK airport so maybe look at doing that with airmiles sorry avios. Blimey I managed to book 1 week flights with virgin and accomadation in New York for DS and a mate for just under £1000 about 4 years ago granted it was early FEB :D and basic acc which they were ok with but I would probably expect abit more luxary:rotfl:
  • VeLoCiTY
    VeLoCiTY Posts: 268 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there, sorry for taking so long to reply: I took out my contract on the 12th December and have paid my Dec + Jan payments, still no points though. I called up again the other day and the lady I spoke with said that all ClubCard points for the contracts would be added some time in Feb, but I'm not sure why she said this now as some people have already had them added. I don't want to pester them, but I also don't want to lose the points either as I had specifically taken this contract out for the the incentive rather than going elsewhere to buy. @no1catman, Hiya, it was my mother-in-law that had the car insurance.. I'm not overly sure what the promotion was at the time, but she is still adamant that she hadn't received them and every time she phoned up to inquire, she was told that it would be added in the following quarter. by the sounds of it, she just gave up in the end. Thank you for your advice about her calling with policy No etc- I'll pass that on to her. She had always gone via ClubCard to inquire, never the actual insurance dept.
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you are recycling your mobile you can take the value in clubcard points instead of cash T's values are pretty similar to everybody elses - Very good if going after rewards
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Tesco Direct (not sure about instore) currently offering extra CC points on I-Pods at the moment, until 20th March. 500 bonus points when you buy any Ipod Nano; 1000 bonus points when you buy any Ipod Touch. When coupled with the £10 off code that they are offering until this Monday, this could be a great deal! :)
  • Jamc4659
    Jamc4659 Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    does anyone know if you get club card points for tesco insurance. My mate has it and she doesn't collect points but said she would let me have them. Then if I gave her my number would I get able to get her points? Or can you only get them when you sign up? She has 2 or 3 policies with them for different insurances.
  • lovingtescoforever
    Options
    Simply ways to increase you're clubcard points;

Womble:rotfl: see a receipt with uncollected clubcard points and put them on! Go to customer service instore and it takes seconds (depending on the queue:mad:)

3 Bags re-used on the self checkout. The maximum amount of bags you can type in before it asks for a member of staff. No limit to how much you have spent. You can buy a chocolate bar for 50p and type in 3 bags:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

HTH :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport