Boosting your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• west_is_best
    Options
    1000 clubcard points 1st time delivery only....

XX3PKK

http://www.tesco.com/points/#groceries_c2-3_4

Never bought groceries online?

It's easy to do your first shop with us online.
    Just enter your Clubcard number when you register and you'll find all of the shopping you've bought in the last 6 weeks in 'Favourites'.
    And we'll give you 1000 Clubcard points when you spend £50 or more.
  • Zack1
    Zack1 Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Options
    steve1500 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Are the points supposed to show up when you add things to your basket? Unfortunately it states 3 different products, so adding 6 chocolate reindeers (£15 for 6, 2 for £5... but £18 worth of points) isn't an option :(

I've tried adding 3 types of different chocolates (£3, £3 and £4), and even a mix of choc/alcohol, can't get the points to show at all :(

Clicking terms doesn't load anything helpful up, apart from rules about refunds and points being docked :\
  • Mumto2
    Mumto2 Posts: 1,348 Forumite
    Options
    Zack1 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Are the points supposed to show up when you add things to your basket? Unfortunately it states 3 different products, so adding 6 chocolate reindeers (£15 for 6, 2 for £5... but £18 worth of points) isn't an option :(

I've tried adding 3 types of different chocolates (£3, £3 and £4), and even a mix of choc/alcohol, can't get the points to show at all :(

Clicking terms doesn't load anything helpful up, apart from rules about refunds and points being docked :\
    From memory, when they've run these types of promotions before, the points don't get added until statement time. They definately don't show up at time of transaction, so quite frustrating.
    Now proud Mumto3 :j
  • Zack1
    Zack1 Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Options
    Mumto2 wrote: »
    From memory, when they've run these types of promotions before, the points don't get added until statement time. They definately don't show up at time of transaction, so quite frustrating.
    Thanks, I was expecting them too like with all the Yali etc

I've done some searching and it's previously been 1 per customer. Is it the same this time? Not worth ordering a delivery for 1, but if you're allowed loads then could do 6 lots of 3 different products (to qualify for various multisaves etc) - I'm assuming that won't work? :( With no actual T&Cs it's hard to tell!

Hope these next lot of extra points are good so I can get a delivery!
  • lauralou83
    Options
    hello newbie here :)
    i found my first receipt in a trolly at the weekend, wouldnt have thought about looking at it if it hadnt been for reading some of the posts on here. when i unscrewed it i found they hadnt used a CC 90 points yipee and whats more when i price checked it, it would have been £2.00 cheaper at asda, dont imagine ill have this much luck again but feel like i got a little bargain for my first time :)
    Ok new year and a baby on the way I need to sort out my finances!
  • WNBRich
    WNBRich Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    Thought I'd share my recent problems with Tesco. I sent a phone for recycling in early September, and got an email last week that they had accepted it and payment would be in 4 working days for cheques, or Clubcard points would be added on next quarterly statement. I rang up Tesco yesterday to ask when the points would be added, as I really need them to be on November statement. They told me that as the company that does the recycling is separate from Tesco, they have no control over how long they take to notify them to add the points, and it can take 6 - 8 weeks! My gripe is that if I'd asked for money I'd have got it this week, and nowhere on the website does it warn you about a possible 6 - 8 week delay. The woman from Customer Service was quite rude asking me what I expected her to do about it!
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    WNBRich:

I'm puzzled, according to what you wrote, they have already told you "or Clubcard points would be added on next quarterly statement" . That doesn't mean that they would be put on in the next few days, but could be anytime up to the cut-off date.
    No Clubcard wouldn't know when - it's like asking your bank when a refund from a retailer will appear on your account.
    Keep the email, do not delete, if it is not in the November statement - reply to it, you could ring CC, but they could only tell if it has been added too late for the mailing.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I exchanged a couple of phones last year only for the points. After about 3 weeks I ended up ringing the recycling company and said I'd sent them in. They just said oh sorry what's your clubcard number a few days later 400 points on my clubcard
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • helen190390
    Options
    dreamteam wrote: »
    Hi, wondering if someone could help me.

This may sound a stupid questions, but is it possible to buy clubcard points. Basically I am using the train regularaly, and was looking to cut my costs. I noticed that redspottedhankey was on the clubcard rewards, so I could exchange £10 for £30 e-voucher - thus cutting my rail costs by a third. I had a look on eBay for people selling clubcard reward points, but it seems the redspottedhankey deal is non transferable.

Anyone got any ideas?

you can use the christmas scheme. when your at the til, just ask to top your clubcard up. i put £10 on mine last week, so when it comes to november, i will recieve my normal clubcard vouchers, plus my christmas ones that i personally put money onto. hope that helps x
    Freebies recieved Oct:
    20 clipper tea bags, head and shoulders sachets,
    Newbie to comping!
    Saving for washing machine:
    oct 11- jan 12-[STRIKE]£400[/STRIKE]£380
  • lutzi1
    lutzi1 Posts: 2,703 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    steve1500 wrote: »
    Looked for the 500 points but cannot see anything?

http://direct.tesco.com/promo/?id=S00029458

Up to 23rd October, and available in store too.
    Hope is not a strategy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport