Boosting your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• JOHN1982
    Options
    Just thought I'd give everyone a quick heads-up on something;

Popped in to a Virgin Holiday Travel Agent today to discuss when was best to exchange my vouchers and she said sooner rather than later, as the company is looking to change the deal amount again.

Not sure if this is just a ploy by Virgin to get my vouchers, or if it's genuine. But I know I'll be swapping mine soon! :eek:
    "The most desirable trait of the internet is the ability to attribute quotes to anyone."
    - Winston Churchill
  • WNBRich
    Options
    I have an old phone recycling envelope from Tesco which would give 300 green points for any phone. Do you think Tesco would honour this if I used it? The phone that I want to recycle is not on the list of phones that they take so it would be good if they did. Thanks.
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If not on the list then you get 200 points I sent them 5 last year right pieces of junk & got a 1000 but did have to phone them up & say I hadn't received the points after about three weeks
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • dreamteam_2
    Options
    Hi, wondering if someone could help me.

This may sound a stupid questions, but is it possible to buy clubcard points. Basically I am using the train regularaly, and was looking to cut my costs. I noticed that redspottedhankey was on the clubcard rewards, so I could exchange £10 for £30 e-voucher - thus cutting my rail costs by a third. I had a look on eBay for people selling clubcard reward points, but it seems the redspottedhankey deal is non transferable.

Anyone got any ideas?
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dreamteam wrote: »
    Hi, wondering if someone could help me.

This may sound a stupid questions, but is it possible to buy clubcard points. Basically I am using the train regularaly, and was looking to cut my costs. I noticed that redspottedhankey was on the clubcard rewards, so I could exchange £10 for £30 e-voucher - thus cutting my rail costs by a third. I had a look on eBay for people selling clubcard reward points, but it seems the redspottedhankey deal is non transferable.

Anyone got any ideas?

I wouldn't recommend buying people's clubcard points. If Tesco think there is something fraudulent about your account, they will take them away and close your account.

Do you shop at Tesco anyway? Or do you shop elsewhere?

there are some offers on at Tesco for extra points, like if you buy HP cartridges at the moment, they will give you 500 points.
  • Inigo_Montoya
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend buying people's clubcard points. If Tesco think there is something fraudulent about your account, they will take them away and close your account.

there are some offers on at Tesco for extra points, like if you buy HP cartridges at the moment, they will give you 500 points.

You can change the name and address on a clubcard account yourself online (& then merge it with your own existing account)

How would tesco know you have bought the account once you have changed the name and address to your own ?
  • Zack1
    Zack1 Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Options
    You can change the name and address on a clubcard account yourself online (& then merge it with your own existing account)

How would tesco know you have bought the account once you have changed the name and address to your own ?
    They would have records of the name & address when the account was first opened, where the person usually shops etc. If that is then mysteriously changed to your name and address, and the shopping habits change, they would be suspicious.

They could ask for proof it's your account/that of a partner or family member - the seller is unlikely to cooperate with providing that, and without a deed poll/marriage certificate etc showing that your name has changed from the previous name to the new one (which you wouldn't have) you wouldn't have much to go on if they blocked the account.

Of course that's only if they notice, they probably won't, but it's a bit of a risk! Probably depends on the number of points in question too - but then who would buy an account with a few points that could easily be gained yourself....?
  • steve1500
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »

Looked for the 500 points but cannot see anything?
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • steve1500
    Options
  • metalstardust
    Options
    Looks like Tesco are changing the rules on the type of reward voucher and where it can be used.

For example Hotels

“Hotel Breaks” tokens ordered from 26 September will only be redeemable on “Hotel Breaks” product and will not be interchangeable across other categories. Tokens ordered prior to this date and marked with a S code will still be accepted

So I just swapped all mine. Will book a hotel and can then use the balance for restaurants. Un-named tokens issued on or before 3rd Feb will be accepted in restaurants.

You need to check all vouchers as the rules are changing.

Also no prices out yet for the hotel I want until October.

Me thinks there is something a foot.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport