MSE News: Travelex to launch currency flash sale today

Options
1235»

Comments

• shuck wrote: »
    I'm not disputing the fact, but the general public still go towards big brand names that everyone has heard of. Its the reason why companies like PC World do so well. Smaller companies like ebuyer and aria sell much better systems at lower prices but people don't feel as comfortable using them........thats my personal experience anyway.

Origin_of_symmetry is a prime example of this (sorry for making a point out of you OOS!). The trade off is to not get as many $ but deal with a company you have heard of before.

In responce to your question, I ordered my dollars at 3.50pm and got an email almost instantly afterwards. Its a bit puzzling though,

am I due another email afterwards or is that it?

The thing is, I work in IT so I know the big boys, the likes of PC World etc, are naff - give me anything to do with computers and I know where I need to go (and ebuyer are my usual haunt) but as I said, first time buying currency online and the top rates were ICE, but my Web Of Trust add on for Firefox went haywire when I clicked on them, said I couldn't trust them, so off I popped to Travelex where the rates were slightly lower but WOT were happy with them.

I might be a bit more confident buying from another source next time, so long as my WOT likes the site!

And I did get my email after 45 mins waiting. Hurrah! But it said the same as yours and not received another one.... my delivery date is tomorrow, so fingers crossed!

I just wanted to make it clear that I'm not a total pleb! lol:rotfl:
  • Chaufeurse1956
    Options
    I have never yet had anyone beat the rates that Crown Currency Exchange offer, and YES, I am aware that they are not FSA licensed/approved/whatever but as I have been using them for years for my holiday spending money I am prepared to take the risk. They have just been nominated for Best Foreign Exchange Retailer 2010 by the British Travel Awards. I have no problem paying my funds ahead to be able to procure the excellent rates they offer along with Royal Mail Special Delivery.

Regards,

Chris
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family