MSE News: Travelex to launch currency flash sale today

Options

Comments

• shuck
    shuck Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yesterdays rate was 1.52. I checked it a few times yesterday as well as I was logging in to see how the euro changed.
  • LM_UK
    LM_UK Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Travelex still isn't the cheapest though so will people use them? Travel MOney Services is coming out top.
  • shuck
    Options
    They are a big name and people will mostly go with a name they have heard before. The traffic on the site suggests they are getting used quite a bit, and from the sounds of yesterdays activity the sales seem to be paying off!
  • LM_UK
    Options
    FairFX is a reputable firm too though, yeah? Do you think their rates will still be as good after 5pm or have they too bumped them up to beat Travelex's sale?
  • origin_of_symmetry
    Options
    I went with them because this was my first time buying currency online and wanted a reputable name.

I just got $470 for £303.62 which I thought was reasonable, by no means the best when comparing, but I didn't know who the top company on the list was and my WOT Firefox add-on was flashing red when I entered their site!

The only thing is, I ordered my currency from Travelex half an hour ago and still no confirmation email - am assuming it's to do with site traffic, it took ages to get my order done and the first time I tried it refused my card details!
  • LM_UK
    Options
    think i'll stick with using the halifax clarity card whilst i'm away. Seems to be the best option although I know its always good to have cash in your pocket!
  • shuck
    Options
    LM_UK wrote: »
    FairFX is a reputable firm too though, yeah? Do you think their rates will still be as good after 5pm or have they too bumped them up to beat Travelex's sale?
    I'm not disputing the fact, but the general public still go towards big brand names that everyone has heard of. Its the reason why companies like PC World do so well. Smaller companies like ebuyer and aria sell much better systems at lower prices but people don't feel as comfortable using them........thats my personal experience anyway.

Origin_of_symmetry is a prime example of this (sorry for making a point out of you OOS!). The trade off is to not get as many $ but deal with a company you have heard of before.

In responce to your question, I ordered my dollars at 3.50pm and got an email almost instantly afterwards. Its a bit puzzling though,
    Order Conformation - Thank you, your order has been received. We hope you have a great trip abroad and look forward to hearing from you again when you next travel.
    You should receive an e-mail confirming your order. Please add this e-mail address to your e-mail address book or your list of safe senders to ensure that your confirmation e-mail is not delivered to your junk folder.
    am I due another email afterwards or is that it?
  • LM_UK
    Options
    That email is puzzling...it starts with "order confirmation" then continues to say you'll get a confirmation email -hmm - hopefully someone who ordered Euros yesterday will be able to help you. Sorry I can't.
  • Bubba_Shaboo
    Bubba_Shaboo Posts: 495 Forumite
    Options
    LM_UK wrote: »
    That email is puzzling...it starts with "order confirmation" then continues to say you'll get a confirmation email -hmm - hopefully someone who ordered Euros yesterday will be able to help you. Sorry I can't.

I got the Euros yesterday and that was the same (and only) e-mail I received but it contains all the info confirming the order so I happy with it.

Bubba
  • yorkshirepud_2
    yorkshirepud_2 Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    Options
    Travel money services are offering Dollars at $1.60 to the £1 delivery sept oct.

I have used them several times before and your currency is simply delivered to your door. Would highly recommend them.

Just incase anyone is still after dollars. you don't pay straight away either, simply do a bank transfer.:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure