'Wow it actually types as I talk! Sadly my RSI is back' blog discussion

edited 23 July 2010 at 9:30AM in Martin's Blogs & Appearances & MoneySavingExpert in the News
47 replies 5.6K views
This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.
Please click reply to discuss below.

Replies

• Bless...hope it clears up soon.

As a side note, if you seem to get bouts of it, perhaps once you've got the Dragon trained you could use it a bit more when you aren't sufering from a bout of it in order to help stop it coming back?

The quality was pretty good, though. :)
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• MadMac_2MadMac_2 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Wow, I am genuinely impressed with how well Dragon coped, it must have moved on enormously since I used to it last (probably v.8) but I can't believe all the different versions of v.10 they now offer! Will take a closer look when I'm feeling a bit more flush...
  • I had an earlier version but it couldn't get around my accent.
    The other problem was when I made a mistake and said "sh*t" out loud it typed Sh*t on the letter I was writing.
    Instant Credit means Instant Debit!

Walking to the pub IS exercise! :beer:
  • NileNile Forumite, Board Guide
    14.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awwww, poor Martin. I hope your asylum improves soon.:D

Talking of which (the asylum:D), how are the bunk desks going in MSE Towers? Are you up to three storey bunks yet?;)

I can't keep up with all the MSE staff.:o
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • I had problems with RSI in the past, but I've started using a Microsoft Natural Keyboard whenever I can, and they've pretty much gone. I'd highly recommend them.
  • ReaperReaper Forumite
    7.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering you have not given it a chance to learn your speach that is amazing. I think I may take a look at it too at technology has obviously moved on in leaps and bounds since I last tried one out.
  • skintcskintc Forumite
    31 Posts
    Wow, I'm very impressed at how few mistakes there are in that post.

My first encounter with Dragon software was 10 years ago, I did my work experience at The British Library and as a leaving gift they gave me a load of cool computer goodies (demos etc) including a mini microphone and some dragon speech recognition software. This could well have been the very first version, as it was terrible, albeit hilarious to read back afterwards!

Sorry about your RSI, don't know what it's like but it must suck :(

Get well soon!
  • glossyhairglossyhair Forumite
    133 Posts
    I had an earlier version but it couldn't get around my accent.
    The other problem was when I made a mistake and said "sh*t" out loud it typed Sh*t on the letter I was writing.

That made me laugh out loud!!!!

Hope you get some relief soon, Martin.
    mmmm, still seeking something witty to be my auto-signature . . . so this will have to suffice for now ;)
  • nzseries1nzseries1 Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    It’s also a little bit of a struggle to learn to punctuate a syndicate

Funny Martin, I was just going to say exactly that!!!!! :D:D:D
    You're spelling is effecting me so much. Im trying not to be phased by it but your all making me loose my mind on mass!! My head is loosing it's hair. I'm going to take myself off the electoral role like I should of done ages ago and move to the Caribean. I already brought my plane ticket, all be it a refundable 1.
  • bylromarhabylromarha Forumite
    10.1K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Hope the RSI goes down again.

I was also impressed with the quality of the software - you talk so fast on TV, I'm impressed it can even keep up with you!
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides