TESCO WILLOW FARM CHICKENS £2.50 each.

Options
lexie55_2
lexie55_2 Posts: 775 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
At Butcher counter today, Willow Farm Basted Chickens were half price at £2.50 each.

Comments

• narabanekeater
    narabanekeater Posts: 1,892 Forumite
    Options
    do you know approx how much they weigh please?
    Mad Mum to 3 wonderful children, 2 foster kittens and 2 big fat cats that never made it to a new home!
    Aiming to loose 56 pounds this year. Total to date 44.5 pounds 12.5 to go. Slimming World Rocks!
  • lexie55_2
    lexie55_2 Posts: 775 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry, just picked up thread again...Don't know weight as it was cooked yesterday, beautiful....would say medium size..
  • KarenBB
    KarenBB Posts: 1,115 Forumite
    Options
    The chickens in my t's are 1/2 price. £1.50 per kg, I picked a nice 2kg one up tonight for £3.
  • mimidaler
    mimidaler Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    yes, but beware they arent free range and never get to see outside depends what sort of chicken you like i guess.
  • tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    Options
    Can we PLEASE not have a long involved debate about chicken rearing conditions! It happens every time somebody mentions a bargain chicken promotion and its unfair to keep denegrating those people who haven't got enough ready cash to buy top price free range chickens.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    mimidaler wrote: »
    yes, but beware they arent free range and never get to see outside depends what sort of chicken you like i guess.

They never claim to be free range , and they do get to see outside through the windows :rotfl:

http://www.tescofarming.com/willowfarmchicken.asp

Thanks OP will have a look tomorrow and get a few for the freezer
  • Tony5101
    Tony5101 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    didn't take long for the cheap chicken knocker brigade to join in.....mind you, I think I'd have been disappointed if they hadn't.....
  • time_bandit
    time_bandit Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Tony5101 wrote: »
    didn't take long for the cheap chicken knocker brigade to join in.....mind you, I think I'd have been disappointed if they hadn't.....

At least they have principals :cool:
  • tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    Options
    At least they have principals :cool:

They have no more PRINCIPLES than the rest of us!
    What they do tend to have is an inflated sense of their own importance.

They , for various reasons of their own, have decided not to eat meat that they feel has not been produced to free range standards. I have no problem with that - but I DO have a problem with them running down anyone else who doesn't abide by their personal code , shoving their views down my throat and implying that their standards are the only ones worth considering!
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
  • TBeckett100
    TBeckett100 Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    £2,50 isnt much price for a life.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts