ONE DAY LEFT to add your questions before the Forum 'Ask An Expert: Energy' event ends. Our expert MSE Andrew will answer some from Wed afternoon

'I lost my rag in a Lloyds TSB branch' blog discussion

Comments

• Rupert_Bear
    Rupert_Bear Forumite Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    I am sorry to hear the problems Martin has encountered with Lloyds. However I can honestly say in my time with Lloyds I have never, ever, ever had any major problems with them. I find they are brilliant and my feeling is SOME customers make problems for themselves.
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Forumite Posts: 3,836
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Martin, A letter of complaint to the main man. I've often complained about bank I'm with due to their incompetence and was always financially compensated. Failing that, send them a bill for the time you wasted and the inconvenience due to their terrible customer service.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • smudger39_123
    smudger39_123 Forumite Posts: 1 Newbie
    I'm not surprised you lost your rag!! Banks are anything but helpful these days, i think they forget it's your money they have! I have myself just said to a very rude member of Barclays who talked over me, 'Barclays bank does it's best again!!'. I was on the phone because i had some money taken from my account, it was due to my son and his 'friend' swapping consoles (a PS3 for an Xbox). The 'friend' then went and used my account details to help himself to £60 worth of xbox points. They tell me they aren't going to do anything because it was carelessness on my part!! BUT it could be another xbox that my son sold previously, but they just said it doens't seem likely! How would they know if they don't investigate!! Anyone got advice??:mad:
  • mau408
    mau408 Forumite Posts: 178
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 30 July 2010 at 1:09AM
    I suppose you could have spent the time looking for cheaper cherries in stead of buying those expensive ones!!

I usually waste my lunch hour in the banks. It stops me spending my cash and I earn interest for an hours worth of work.
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Forumite Posts: 15,144
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    MSE_Martin wrote: »
    ... while Lloyds was nightmarish this time, other banks are equally bad at others. ...

That is something I've experienced too.

Sometimes it really is better the devil you know... but the bad experiences I had does mean they've lost a lot, but not all, of my custom and they don't seem to understand why I'm not falling over myself trying to give it back to them ... although I'll give them 'A+' for Effort in trying to gain it back.

But I still remember the 'E' I awarded them for actual Attainment in the past.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • Lokolo
    Lokolo Forumite Posts: 20,861
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    Forumite
    Martin - can I ask, does your debit card have a sort code on it?

Mine does...?

DebitCards.jpg

Like that ^^ At the bottom left.
  • xamberangel
    xamberangel Forumite Posts: 25 Forumite
    I'm only glad to find I'm not the only one who suffers at the hands of bureaucrats! I seem to attract them like flies and for a while I thought...aka ... The Famous Laws of Attraction... that it was my fault. Maybe not...meanwhile...what can we do about it?
  • rb10
    rb10 Forumite Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Lokolo wrote: »
    Martin - can I ask, does your debit card have a sort code on it?

I'm sure that Martin, of all people, would have known if any of his accounts actually had a sort code.

The images that you have shown are all for current accounts; presumably Martin does not hold any current or savings account there (which would have a sort code), but only has some form of insurance or investment instead.
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin MoneySaving Expert Posts: 8,273
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Money Saving Expert
    As noted in the blog

None of the literature or info I had - had a sort code on it

I wont be discussing the products I've got - please stop asking about it folks - the fault hear was with Lloyds bureacracy

And please - I am more than aware debit cards have sort cards on - but as this was a savings product and I dont bank with lloyds its not relevant :)
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Barnetbear
    Barnetbear Forumite Posts: 374 Forumite
    Which reminds me: if anyone wants a freelance sub-editor I am available 24/7. Reasonable rates. No job too small. No fog index too thin.
    Escaped from Barnet to freedom in the South-East!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 600.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171K Life & Family
  • 244K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure