'I lost my rag in a Lloyds TSB branch' blog discussion

18910111214»

Comments

• Nada666
    Nada666 Forumite Posts: 5,004 Forumite
    wullie78 wrote: »
    I logged a complaint with the bank yesterday as I had a problem with my card not working I got a call back today from the complaints team and every time I spoke she asked me to repeat myself where I took offence of this because im Scottish and she was English we both speak the same language I asked to speak to a manager and over several occasions she refused then hang up I phoned again and asked to speak to the manager when I could here him in the background shoutin terminate this is a terrible way to treat a customer
    Why did you take offence? Scots accents can be very difficult to understand (more for tone than language). It is up to you to speak clearly and unslovenly. If you are that unaware or impolite as to not to adopt a suitable telephone voice then in future you should limit your communication to other verbal forms.
  • John_Pierpoint
    John_Pierpoint Forumite Posts: 8,389
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    When my uncle died, he had his nest egg with Barclays.

I had to talk to India, Leicester, Warwick (?) Liverpool, Local branch and eventually London (I think) on a "secret" 0800 number.
    The relatively simple issue was never correctly resolved in the time frame required fiscally (6 months) despite multiple phone calls and letters to back up what had been said.

............and you are complaining about accent problems ?
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Forumite Posts: 36,755
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Martin's experience makes it seem like Lloyds TSB is run by a former USSR Party Boss, because that's like how you used to have to shop in the good old USSR, for example, to buy from the deli counter:
    1. Queue for the deli counter.
    2. Ask for what you wanted.
    3. Get given a receipt for it.
    4. Go and queue for the till.
    5. Produce first receipt and pay for goods.
    6. Get given a second receipt.
    7. Return to the deli counter and queue again.
    8. Produce second receipt and (finally, are you still awake?) get your goods.
    See? Complicated way beyond the need for it.

It's still like that in rural Spain if you pay certain bills in person (usually government bills such as rates or car tax).

1. Go to Government office. Queue.
    2. Get a form to take to the bank.
    3.. Go to bank and pay bill. Get receipt.
    4. Go back to Gov't office. Queue.
    5. Give them the receipt and wait for them to enter it on their system. Get another piece of paper to say that they have done this.

We lived in Spain for eight years and I never got used to the endless, unnecessary and complicated bureaucracy.

LTSB is mild by comparison :)
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • John_Pierpoint
    John_Pierpoint Forumite Posts: 8,389
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    edited 2 August 2013 at 6:23PM
    I remember as a child in the 1950s, I loved going to the local departmental store:

I now realise it worked like this over 3 floors:
    Select goods.
    Take them to the asistand at the bagging area.
    Hand over money.
    Assistant scribbles multi part receipt, using magic blue carbon paper.
    Cash and some copies of receipt put into space shuttle.
    Here is the awesome bit: Assistant inserts space shuttle into 4 inch tube and fiddles.
    Massive sucking and banging noises as space shuttle vanishes up the tube and zooms across the ceiling thumping about inside tube.
    Assistant tries to make small talk with customer.
    Oh the suspense - some times the assistant would make bonking noises with the end of the tube.
    Suddenly there would be more banging and thumping noises from inside then other tube and the space rocket would crash out into an oversized supermarket basket.

From the space shuttle would emerge a copy of the receipt to be slipped into the "we shop at....." status cardboard bag, plus perhaps some change from the £1 note for something costing 19/6. [mum mum can we have an ice cream].

I don't know which was more mysterious - the suction pipe rocket system or the big box where you climbed up and stuck your feet into a socket at the bottom; pressed a button and there in an eerie green light was an out line of your sandals, your foot inside them and an almost white network of bones inside each foot.

DIY irradiation.
  • Poppy_Jane_Parka
    Poppy_Jane_Parka Forumite Posts: 55 Forumite
    I stupidly forgot my bank card one day- went into nearest lloyds tsb with photographic licence, completed withdrawal slip, and advised was stranded 60 miles from home with no money- driving licence of course had same add as bank acc and they have copy of signature on file, but was refused access to account, no explanation other than we dont do that- even though they accepted yes I was me!!
  • earthstorm
    earthstorm Posts: 2,134 Forumite
    I stupidly forgot my bank card one day- went into nearest lloyds tsb with photographic licence, completed withdrawal slip, and advised was stranded 60 miles from home with no money- driving licence of course had same add as bank acc and they have copy of signature on file, but was refused access to account, no explanation other than we dont do that- even though they accepted yes I was me!!
    but they would have needed your bank account number to access your account
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Forumite Posts: 12,199
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    earthstorm wrote: »
    but they would have needed your bank account number to access your account
    Surely not with a name, post code and ID?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 339K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 601.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.1K Life & Family
  • 244.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure