PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Just bought a whole lamb...

Options
Thought somebody might be interested...

http://www.devonrose.com/

Whole New Season Lamb Box reduced from £122 to £90

Free Roam Devon County Lamb (South Downs Breed)

2 Whole Legs (Choose whole or halved or as a joint),
2 Shoulders Boned and Rolled,
2 French Trimmed Racks of Lamb,
12 Loin Chops
6 Chump Chops
2 Breasts Boned and Rolled.
2 Pack Lamb & Mint Sausage

They also do a half box - £48.30 reduced from £63.30

Comments

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Another online butchers worth looking at here

Pink
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    if people are interested in buying whole/half a lamb or pig... why dont you ask your local butcher for a price.... you might be pleasantly supprised...at the price...
    Work to live= not live to work
  • chloe99_2
    Options
    i agree about shopping around in local butchers - i can get a whole lamb from local asian grocers for £50-£55 which includes:
    2lb lean mince
    7lb of steaks (or you can have it diced or left as a joint instead if you want)
    4lb ribs
    5lb lamb pieces
    6.5lb chops
    oh yes, and the kidneys too (yukk!!!).

Sorry, am a bit useless about what bit of the animal the different cuts come from!
  • angeluk69_2
    Options
    My parents get their meat in bulk, they have family in Wales who have contacts with butchers and they always come back with a couple of Bodies in various shapes and forms, we always have some kicking around.

It takes a bit of storage but it is well worth it.
    Proud to be me, proud to be who I am!!
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    angeluk69.....lol.... is sound very cloak and dagger. coming to wales and getting some bodies:rotfl:
  • angeluk69_2
    Options
    LOL no they go to wales and come back with animal bodies, like whole lams and cows and things. NOT HUMANS

sorry you have to excuse any posts made by me at the mo, i am full of cold and phlegm(sp?)...nice!!!
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    ye i know.. but the way the post came accross to me it made me giggle.....
  • angeluk69_2
    Options
    i know, i did read and then thought 'if i edit it , it will no doubt sound worse'

ooops
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    i have just phoned my butchers out of curio....

and half a lamb... is about the £30. mark.. thats welsh lamb... might be diff for nz..

and half a pig is about the £50. mark......which the butcher rears himself... along with beef

all cut and bagged.....but as they were saying ..the pork even though its more money.. is a lot better value....
  • rlm_3
    rlm_3 Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    if people are interested in buying whole/half a lamb or pig... why dont you ask your local butcher for a price.... you might be pleasantly supprised...at the price...

Plus getting it from the local butcher means you can ask him (or her) to butcher it exactly how you want it. We did this a while ago and we've still not finished it all...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure