Reporting abuse - PM system?

Options
124»

Comments

• espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well why should she have to, just for the use of one forum?

Explanations of why this forum is different have been given and it hardly that much effort is it.

:beer:
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • scheming_gypsy
    Options
    i don't have a problem with how the report function works mainly because i'm not a moany arsed old toss pot who has to whinge about everything.

Spam threads don't need to be reported. Everybody says it's spam and it's been reported and not to post any more on that thread. So everybody knows it's spam and not to post on it, just leave out the reporting bit.

Also no matter how many times a post is reported, they'll come on and remove it just because they've been asked to but not even bother reading the thread and removing it when it's been quoted. Bit of a pointless exercise if they're not going to remove all traces of it
  • lellie
    lellie Posts: 1,489 Forumite
    Options
    espresso wrote:
    :wall:

Obviously too much effort!

:rotfl:

No - I could easily set up thunderbird with an email account and it's no effort at all. I just find it silly that I'd have to. I just think mailto: web links are a pain in the neck.
  • mclaren_2
    mclaren_2 Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    Options
    MSE_Neil wrote:
    We are always looking into ways of improving the system however the message board is VERY busy and with many thousands of new posts a week the proportion of abuse/spam is very minimal and hopefully unless you are online 24/7 you should only ever see a very small portion of that.
    Well, how about you install a system for support tickets? it works in a similer way, and is php written and not emailed so it is easier for us to report and easier for you to check as its all embedded in the board.

I dont see how it is easier to have email report than have PM report. I run a vBulletin forum, and i have always used PM report. I find it so much easier to have that than have to keep checking my email address every 2nd min.

There are other tools out there that could be used on this board - ie, upgrade the board from 3.5.4 to 3.6 and then you can get "new tools" aswell.
    Never do things tomorow when you can do them today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure