Reporting abuse - PM system?

Options

Comments

• hawk
    hawk Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    why cant all abuse reports (via a pop up system) be re-directed to the abuse addy, its very easy to set up.

allegedley
  • inmypocketnottheirs
    Options
    For the benefit of the OP, why not just remove Thunderbird as your email client?
    Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.
    The Lord Giveth and the Government Taketh Away.
    I'm sorry, I don't apologise. That's just the way I am. Homer (Simpson)
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    I'm sure pm system and pop-up emails suit other forums but the system in place on here is what suits MSE :)
  • DrFluffy
    DrFluffy Posts: 2,549 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sure pm system and pop-up emails suit other forums but the system in place on here is what suits MSE :)

But if people do not report stuff because they really can't be arsed with the extra hassle, then may be it's not fit for purpose...
    April Grocery Challenge £81/£120
  • iwanttosave_2
    Options
    DrFluffy wrote:
    But if people do not report stuff because they really can't be arsed with the extra hassle, then may be it's not fit for purpose...

Exactly, seeing as we are expected to police the place, report spam ect then it should be set up for those using the service.

In fact that is what I think is this sites downfall, it takes ages for threads/posts to be removed, where as with this system, they are taken down straight away on all other forums, some much much bigger than this place.
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
  • Ganyam
    Ganyam Posts: 2,666 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It sounds like an easy way of complaing without really thinking it through, if its just a couple of clicks and that easy, everyone would be getting reported for abuse..

Some on here report abuse just because they dont like the person..
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
  • hawk
    Options
    Ganyam wrote:
    It sounds like an easy way of complaing without really thinking it through, if its just a couple of clicks and that easy, everyone would be getting reported for abuse..

Some on here report abuse just because they dont like the person..

reported :rotfl: :o
  • Ganyam
    Ganyam Posts: 2,666 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hawk wrote:
    reported :rotfl: :o
    :eek: :eek: i'll be going the same way as nelly then!!! :o
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
  • hawk
    Options
    Ganyam wrote:
    :eek: :eek: i'll be going the same way as nelly then!!! :o

with a trumpety trump trump :rolleyes:
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Exactly, seeing as we are expected to police the place, report spam ect then it should be set up for those using the service.

In fact that is what I think is this sites downfall, it takes ages for threads/posts to be removed, where as with this system, they are taken down straight away on all other forums, some much much bigger than this place.

I'm sorry but where does it say you are expected to police the place :confused:

Yes you can report spam if it offends you and I'm sorry you feel that threads posts take too long to be removed but I think you will find it said in many places that MSE is not constantly monitored :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure