New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: Stay up to date with the latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
Stay updated with our guides: Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights
NEWSFLASH 27/03
MARTINS VIDEO FOR SELF-EMPLOYED * DELAY HOUSE MOVES * EUROSTAR UPDATE

Find a penny

edited 22 June 2010 at 9:02PM in Debt-Free Wannabe
47 replies 11.7K views
downnotoutdownnotout Forumite
606 posts
edited 22 June 2010 at 9:02PM in Debt-Free Wannabe
Walking back to my car today I found a 20p piece on the floor so I picked it up. I have seen money on the floor many times in the past and thought nothing of it. Maybe I am getting to the point of stupidity or something, but from now on I am going to pick up every coin I see. If anyone else finds some money on the floor then I urge you to do the same and post it here! I wonder just how much cash is lying on our street unclaimed!

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
TOTAL AT START £13606.90 27/03/2018
TOTAL CURRENT £13445.90 29/03/2018

Replies

• Fitzer2000Fitzer2000 Forumite
    308 posts
    I've always picked up pennies, and always will!!! Money is money and at the end of the day it all adds up!
  • luxor4tluxor4t Forumite
    11.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of us have been doing this for quite a while!
    See this thread:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=680303
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • See a penny, pick it up and all day long you'll have good luck!

I once saw a programme where this guy roamed the streets and collected money, he knew the places to go, like the town and taxi ranks just after the pubs and clubs shut, think he was from London, but he had collected well over a grand in a year! if I remember rightly. However this is probably not the safest of things to be doing!!!
  • PoosmatePoosmate Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Yay! Check out my signature! I found £1.25 just within the last week! My total is from April this year and I think this year is going to be slow because I no longer visit one of the money finding places I used to go to.

Poo
    One of Mike's Mob, Street Found Money £1.66, Non Sealed Pot (5p,2p,1p)£6.82? (£0 banked), Online Opinions 5/50pts, Piggy points 15, Ipsos 3930pts (£25+), Valued Opinions £12.85, MutualPoints 1786, Slicethepie £0.12, Toluna 7870pts, DFD Computer says NO!
  • I know someone who (seriously) backed up a packed bus for 50p.
  • thesimthesim Forumite
    411 posts
    I started doing this recently...I found £1.50 the onther day :T
  • d3mon4ngeld3mon4ngel Forumite
    366 posts
    I always pick up money if I see it. Not kept a track of how much though... might start doing that :D
    ::: Total Paid Since LBM (27/05/10): £4639.85 Official Debt Gone!! :T :::
    :A
    That money talks, I don't deny, I heard it once, it said "Goodbye"
    ~ VSP2011: #104 ~
  • nephilimnephilim Forumite
    245 posts
    I work in a school, and on the playground at the end of lunch, I managed to find just shy of £20 in 1p's and 2p's, with the occasional 5p - £1 etc for good measure!

I shall now be doing this on a daily routine! lol
    Total Debt : [STRIKE]£25000[/STRIKE]£550
    [STRIKE]Owed: £9000 Virgin Atlantic American Express[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Owed: £9000 Tesco Clubcard Mastercard[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Owed: £5500 Barclaycard Platinum[/STRIKE]
    To Pay: £550 Barclaycard Platinum
    Debt Free Date : Estimated - Dec 2019
  • JasXJasX Forumite
    4K posts
    Found a £5 note blowing around in the street the other weekend, score :)
  • downnotoutdownnotout Forumite
    606 posts
    All very good to hear! I have been a little less lucky since this thread started! Maybe a running total in my signature called Street Cred :D might change my luck?
    TOTAL AT START £13606.90 27/03/2018
    TOTAL CURRENT £13445.90 29/03/2018