Update! Santander First Home Saver Account: 5% on up to 50k savings (up to 35 only)

Options

Comments

• pazza2000
    pazza2000 Posts: 558 Forumite
    Options
    someone wrote: »
    Ring up and ask for Internet banking to be set up

So you can now get Internet Banking if this is the only product you have with Santander? In the past this was not the case.

Will give Santander a ring to set up, thanks.
  • gazoakley
    Options
    Hooray for Santander...

Tried calling up this evening and spoke to someone in Online Banking. They categorically told me these accounts couldn't be setup online. I explained that several people on MSE had stated they could do it.

Does anyone have any advice for dealing with Santander's clueless call center? :mad:
  • gazoakley
    Options
    gazoakley wrote: »
    Hooray for Santander...

Tried calling up this evening and spoke to someone in Online Banking. They categorically told me these accounts couldn't be setup online. I explained that several people on MSE had stated they could do it.

Does anyone have any advice for dealing with Santander's clueless call center? :mad:

Rang back - "Yes you can have online banking... I'll send the registration code in the post"

Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing :(

My advice is let an advisor look up the account and get the balance *before* asking about online banking.
  • tinkerbel
    tinkerbel Posts: 1,795 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I transfer as much as I want to into this account now and get 3%?
  • Zekko
    Zekko Posts: 208 Forumite
    Options
    tinkerbel wrote: »
    Can I transfer as much as I want to into this account now and get 3%?

Yes, but you will only get the 3% interest on balances of up to £50,000, and anything over this will not earn any interest.
  • tinkerbel
    tinkerbel Posts: 1,795 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you :) I dont have 50k so that's fine!
  • pazza2000
    Options
    Have been very easy withdrawing and depositing from this, finally at least in my case they have gotten their act together. Best Instant Access account at the moment also
  • afmfifgh
    afmfifgh Posts: 281 Forumite
    Options
    Just to let people know that the account ('First Home Saver Special Issue 1', not 'First Home Saver') is still paying 3% as of 05/03/2013 on the balance up to £49,999.99 no interest is earned on balances of £50,000 or more.

Page 10 of 13 about half way down, Rates correct as of 4th February 2013:

http://www.santander.co.uk/csgs/StaticBS?blobcol=urldata&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1223429657055&cachecontrol=immediate&ssbinary=true&maxage=3600
  • RedRuby_2
    RedRuby_2 Posts: 122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I just received my anniversary year interest on this account. At first glance I can't work out if its correct especially as there was that change of interest rate. Plus I remember the hoops I had to go through when my the interest I received last year was wrong and had to be corrected.

Has anyone else received their interest lately and is it correct?
  • coxyboi
    coxyboi Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    hi after reading on here that many people have found they can get to view there hss1 accounts on line, thought id try again,
    and sure enough i can ya! now just hoping the interest is done right,
    to view it i had to log on and then click on
    add, remove or rename an account. (on the my accounts page, on the Grey bar - banking and savings,
    :T
    think the reason took so long to sort is they might of had to manually update all the accounts 1 by 1,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure