Update! Santander First Home Saver Account: 5% on up to 50k savings (up to 35 only)

Options

Comments

• afmfifgh
    afmfifgh Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have also done several online, for varying amounts some small some large and all gone through instantly into the account I was transferring to.

Also the interest rate has not been changed to date so remains at 3%.
  • chaotic_j
    chaotic_j Posts: 453 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

I just logged into my Santander Online Banking and as this account now appears there, I noticed I'd received my years worth of interest.

So I tried to transfer this internally to my Santander Preferred Current Account, however I receive an error message, 'technical problem'.

So I set up a new payment from the account, with a payee of myself, to my Halifax Reward Current Account, I receive the OTP to my mobile phone and I enter this on the Santander Online Banking.. you guessed it, error message 'technical problem'.

The heading of the account on the accounts screen is "First Home Saver (SI)" - I thought this was now supposed to be instant access?

Is anyone else having these problems? I really loathe having to go into a physical bank to do this kind of stuff!

Cheers in advance!
  • afmfifgh
    afmfifgh Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would suggest you try to do it again during the day. I have had issues with other banks trying to do such things late at night. But it worked the next day.

Perhaps they are doing computer maintenance type stuff, it is what I always put it down to, but that is just a guess.
  • ses6jwg
    ses6jwg Posts: 5,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know that a load of accounts not previously viewable online such as bonds have become viewable recently.

However you may still not be able to transact online as with fixed rate bonds.
  • chaotic_j
    Options
    afmfifgh wrote: »
    I would suggest you try to do it again during the day. I have had issues with other banks trying to do such things late at night. But it worked the next day.

Perhaps they are doing computer maintenance type stuff, it is what I always put it down to, but that is just a guess.

Good call, thanks. I just tried to transfer the interest out and it worked fine :)
  • mr_fishbulb
    mr_fishbulb Posts: 5,224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I get online banking access to this account, if this is my own Santanter account? Cheers
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    Can I get online banking access to this account, if this is my own Santanter account? Cheers

Yes, you can.
  • xiox
    xiox Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rb10 wrote: »
    Yes, you can.
    Can I ask how you do it? The website asks for a card number and won't let you leave it out or use the account number instead. I don't have a card for this account.
  • someone
    someone Posts: 823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    xiox wrote: »
    Can I ask how you do it? The website asks for a card number and won't let you leave it out or use the account number instead. I don't have a card for this account.

Ring up and ask for Internet banking to be set up
  • Moneygrabber24
    Options
    For all you peeps who were moaning about the rate of this account going down to 3%, this is the top instant access rate at the moment, can't find any better. Well done Santander.....got to give credit where it's due.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure