PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• nursemaggie
    Options
    Hope you have all had a good Christmas. WE did get the flat. It's a lot smaller than we hoped. Already got to know the neighbour above who is very friendly and have spoken to next door who is a man on his own with two little girls. He seems very shy.

We have been decorating the flat since the middle of the month. DS's room is not too bad but someone pulled off the freeze round the top of the room. When he went to cover the bit where the freeze was he realised it blends in well. We decided not to do the hall walls until after we move as it is very narrow and could get marked by furniture when moving in.

Hopefully it will all be finished tomorrow in a couple of hours. We move in on the 5th. Still got all of the packing to do yest so a lot of work. Not done any knitting in the last two weeks.

Happy new year to everyone.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Glad you got the flat nursemagggie and I hope you settle in soon and it's a happy home.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • cheekyweegit
    cheekyweegit Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 27 December 2015 at 3:53AM
    Options
    Just dropping in to hopefully return a favour by saying anyone near a Hobbycraft there wool is ALL 3 for the price of 2 again not just the Womens Institute wool.

You can order click and collect with free delivery over £30.00

PS not sure if I ever returned to say thank you to the person who posted about the free £10 wool from Hobbycraft via a voucher in a Sunday paper, who every you are I got 2 balls of a beautiful purple Aran which I'm thinking of doing a shawl / cape with when time allows. Thank you.

Quidco 6%. and topcashback 6.3% available too.
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks cheeky, I missed the Mail offer :( and was deeply miffed :D

Am celebrating that thanks to you tube I have finally mastered intarsia :T so everything has little blocks of colour in now :rotfl:
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Happy new year all
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • THIRZAH
    THIRZAH Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you, Cheekyweegit..I got three 400gr balls of aran for the price of two yesterday. That's enough for a jumper for me and one for DGS.

We cleared out the spare room recently so we could decorate. DH now knows the size of my wool stash! I had to sneak the Hobbycraft wool into the house.
  • savingpennies
    Options
    Not sure if anyone had mentioned this but Aldi are selling wool at the moment. Some DK, some Aran and some fluffy baby wool.

I haven't posted on this thread before but intend to work my way though it.

I've returned to knitting recently as I am currently off work with work related stress and my doctor suggested knitting as one of the things to de-stress me - knitting on prescription who would have thought! I'm seeing this time as prep for retiring so returning to knitting will keep me busy. I'm busy finishing a cafetiere cosy on a Christmas theme (I know it's nearly over but I am just getting back into the knitting groove). I hope to adapt the pattern to make more seasonal cosies.
    Books - the original virtual reality.
    Tilly Tidying:
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    savingpennies any time is right for starting on next Christmas's presents.

I hope this means this thread is starting up again I have missed it.

I read in a magazine yesterday while I was at the hospital that knitting is good for you. Apparently it is quite good exercise for those who don't get much. It is good for your brain, I thought it was largely mindless. If a complicated pattern takes a lot of goes to get it right, then that is frustrating and stressful and usually it turns out the writer or printer made a mistake and you have to do the math and sort it out.

I bought a cardigan and V-neck sweater pattern a few months ago. It supposedly goes from size 24in to 34in. It does not it is more like 30in to 40 in so I have reworked the sizes so I can knit it for just about anyone as you just add extra stitches in stocking stitch. The pattern is complicated and has errors in some sizes and not others. Now I know what ever I am knitting I need to do the math for each size it is a really useful pattern. That must have been good for my brain. I have even varied the pattern.

I think we can expect knitting on prescription more often if what it says is right.

Lets try and keep the thread on the first page and perhaps the others will come back. Happy New Year to all the missing ones.
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I have often seen this thread and been "put off" reading it as it is sooooooooooo Long!

I aim in 2016 to knit for the local NICU and am preparing (already!) for their xmas 2016 appeal, this year we made gift bags which included amongst other things premmie santa hats!
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    roamin_in_the_gloamin Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 January 2016 at 1:36PM
    Options
    First of all HAPPY NEW YEAR...........yes 2016.

I am extremely sorry for the absence, lost my little black book with the user names and passwords in- how dumb am I? No you don't need to answer that I already know.

I shall now attempt to do a catch up with everyone on the forum - reading back as and when I get a bit of spare time (rainy days are always good for that).

Wishing everyone a very happy and productive 2016 xxx back again when I get caught up a bit x

Missed you all - and lots for me to catch up with.
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills