PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ginnyknit - that looks fantastic, not only useful but a lovely feature in the garden.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    Options
    3.gif

ye all have a wonderful day
    x
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    morning all
    love your milk bottle garden ginny, a fantastic idea.
    so glad you are enjoying your time with william and family chalky
    sorry ive not been in for a few days, busy over the weekend and yesterday so the puter just didnt get put on.
    last night we were invited to the high school awards evening DS2 got 1/2 shares in the trophy for highest attendance, being a gentleman he has said the young lady who shared 100% attendance with him could have it for the first 6months. he has been given a little keepsake medal to commemorate his achievement.
    mil did really well at last weeks test and her lung capacity and breathing tests got much better results than they were expecting. Dh and i are slighlty puzzled how she can always sound so out of breath and panting when she got a result of 160% higher than they were expecting based on her height etc.
    this week we have a cardioectogram so im hoping that goes as well, then its all set for the op next week. i am dreading that but mil seems unphased by it all so im doing my best not to fret or faff when around her.

actually got some knitting done over the weekend i finished the scraf i was making as a birthday pres for one of DS1 friends.

hugs to all and i hope everyone is well
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • mioliere
    Options
    Hi everyone

Chalky - no doubt you are knee-deep in family. I hope you are all really enjoying your time together.

We've had a mix of rain and sun today; it's strange weather for July. I hope the proper summer comes back.

It's a sad day for our family today; can you believe that my dear BIL passed away a year ago today? It barely seems possible that a whole year has gone by. My sister was dreading this day more than Christmas, Father's Day, and even his birthday. She has her family around her; they've been there for her through thick and thin and I'm so glad they are such a supportive bunch.

Well, I've done the update which you can find here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhOgVamMPLdkdDREdE9nS2pPYTRlcFQ3Ujc5ekNKamc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Shaz - I've put your girl's cardigan under 'T Tops/Vest Tops' because we have no separate category for it. I thought about putting it under 'Babies Cardies'. Let me know if you want it moved.

My oven is beeping so I have to go. Since I had my new hob and oven I haven't stopped cooking! I have Quiche Lorraines in there right now.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

• psso
    psso Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    mioliere wrote: »

It's a sad day for our family today; can you believe that my dear BIL passed away a year ago today? It barely seems possible that a whole year has gone by. My sister was dreading this day more than Christmas, Father's Day, and even his birthday.

Know how she is feeling - 5 years today since I lost my dear Jim.:(

My gd put a message on fb which made my kindle screen go all blurry. ;) Seems to be ok now though.

Having a lazy day after another bad night.
    Fully paid up member of S.A.B.L.E.
    Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy :D

Charity knitting 2015
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    supporting hugs to everyone who needs them.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • sock-knitter
    sock-knitter Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Options
    when I fisrst moved into the flat I am in now, I met a lovely couple who I kinda adopted as grandparents, seeing as my own granddad died over 20 years ago, and I never had a grandma, well today has been a sad day as granddad, has had to go into a nursing home, he has leukemia which is terminal and he looks so weak and frail, lots of tears shed by myself and grandma, sorry not knitting related, just wanted to share.
    (((big hugs))) to everyone especially those remembering loved ones, or those with poorly loved ones
    love Sharon xx
    loves to knit and crochet for others
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    Options
    ray-of-hope.gif

sending you all loving thoughts and huge cuddles
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
  • psso
    psso Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    Jean, have you been spying on me trundling round the block ?

That sounds just like me,gasping for breath and groping for a wall to lean on for a minute.

And round the bend is my ray of hope - my front door with a comfy seat and a cuppa waiting for me.....made me chuckle and lightened my day. Thank you.

Big ((((hugs))) for those who need them.
    Fully paid up member of S.A.B.L.E.
    Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy :D

Charity knitting 2015
  • mioliere
    Options
    Hugs to you, Elaine. I can't believe it's five years since you lost your dear husband. I hope you had a better night's sleep last night.

Shaz - that is so sad. Sending hugs to you and positive thoughts to your granddad.

Lovely words, Jean.

We have visitors today and have promised them a bacon sandwich made with the real British bacon I bought from our great new shop here - well, about forty minutes way, but worth the drive.

Will pop back later.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business