'Do you use your landline?' poll discussion

Options
Former_MSE_Wendy
Former_MSE_Wendy Posts: 929 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! PPI Party Pooper Best Buy Bear
edited 8 June 2010 at 12:14PM in MoneySaving polls
Poll Between 1 June and 8 June 2010:
Do you call on your landline?

There’s now more than one mobile phone per person in the UK, and most of us carry one 24/7. So how has the mobile revolution stopped you making calls on your landline.

A. No landline – only got mobile 10% (1220 votes)
B. Don’t call on my landline – almost always use my mobile 19% (2338 votes)
C. Only call overseas on my landline - mobile for almost all others 4% (521 votes)
D. Call about 10% on my landline and 90% on my mobile 18% (2308 votes)
E. Call about 25% on my landline and 75% on my mobile 8% (978 votes)
F. Call about 50%-50% on my landline and mobile 8% (1018 votes)
G. Call about 75% on my landline and 25% on my mobile 6% (793 votes)
H. Call about 90% on my landline and 10% on my mobile 23% (2932 votes)
I. Don’t have/never use a mobile - all calls are landlines 4% (480 votes)
J. Don’t have a landline or mobile 0% (31 votes)

Total Votes: 12619

Voting has now closed, but you can still click 'post reply' to discuss below. Thanks :)

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
*** Get the Martin's Money Tips Free E-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips ***

Comments

• Diesel44
    Diesel44 Posts: 623 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Always use landline for calls, only really use my moby for texts. Try to make use of the free weekend calls.
  • littlerat
    littlerat Posts: 1,792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I went for H but it's probably less, though I don't really phone a lot at all, I only use my mobile if I need to contact osmeone while out. My mobile is Pay as you go though, I guess I'd use a contract phone more.
  • markne
    markne Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Very poor reception at home limits my options - If I had good reception I imagine I would use a mobile significantly more often.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    I only have the landline because I have to for the broadband deal, and you find it harder getting credit without a fixed telephone number. Think I've used it 5 times in the last 2 months. Mind you, only spent £9 on mobile calls in the same period.

Either I deal with things more efficiently by email, or I'm just a Billy No Mates in denial.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Grumpycupple
    Grumpycupple Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    I use my landline every day to contact my daughter. She has asthma so I call very quickly to see if she is OK. Any other people get relegated to weekends and evening calls. Mobile is used mainly for texting so that costs me about a tenner a month.
    Then God looked over all he had made, and said, "I can see idiots from my house".

Noam Chromsky "There's nothing wrong with picking the lesser of two evils"...you end up with less evil.
  • amy_love
    amy_love Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    Only use the landline for 0845 calls as it's cheaper than the mobile! Everything else is included in my mobile contract so no need to use landline.
    Student Moneysaver going to Paris next year! Trying to save!

Engaged to be civilly partnered 2012
  • Coveredinbees!!!!
    Options
    I call mobiles on my mobile as it's cheaper and landlines on the land line. I try to make calls after 7pm as I can talk for free on the land line
    Nothing to see here, move along.
  • W_s_n
    W_s_n Posts: 118 Forumite
    edited 1 June 2010 at 10:17PM
    Options
    H for me.

Almost always use my landline for calls.

We have an anytime call option and if we are calling a mobile then I use my work mobile which has lots of minutes.
    I moved here from Zimbabwe (Rhodesia) in 1980. I went to Borrowdale Primary School.
  • soco1
    soco1 Posts: 496 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    None of the options apply!

I use the landline only when it's free at the weekends otherwise I use Skype.

I almost never use the mobile to make calls as it's still way too expensive but I do use it for texts.
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I use the landline when Im at home to call my mum and if I need to call 0870/0845, also I call my friend in Gloucester on it but for everything else I use my 1200 anytime minutes on my mobile.
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure