June 2010 Grocery Challenge

edited 29 May 2010 at 2:23AM in Old Style MoneySaving
908 replies 77.5K views

Replies

• wssla00wssla00 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Hello all :) going to be another NSD today as I have ANOTHER nurses appointment! So when I come back I will try and make some sweet treats.

Enjoy the day all!
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79
  • jintybjintyb Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, havent posted on here for ages, but Ive been keeping up with the posts. GC going well this month, my month ends on the 20th so Im £22 under and Ive just done the shop for next week's menu plan. Well chuffed ,as I just need salad stuff which I will buy on Monday. Im doing extra hours next week so Im trying to be super-organised:rotfl:
    Ive been pretty strict these last couple of months, trying to make up for the disaster that was Jan/ Feb/Mar! ;)

you will always be rich enough to be generous.
  • Hi everyone, I have just got back from Mr M's I needed to get some storecupboard stocks so ended up spending £76.54:eek: but, except for milk I shouldn't need anything else this week. I think I am going to have to look at my meal planner again and use some things up from the freezer, anyway onwards and upwards. I did a bit of baking last night and I am going to put the BM on later. i think maybe I shouldn't shop all in one place. Off to update my signature byeee...
    WW start date 31/8/2011 :j

weight lost so far:- 32lbs :T
  • AnnieGAnnieG Forumite
    877 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Hi
    I'm doing ok with the grocery challenge... my first, so I'm very pleased with myself. I'm planning a big cooking day soon and wanted to ask where you think the best place to get 'tupperware' from is?
    Thanks
    Say what you mean.. mean what you say... without being mean.
  • guccigooguccigoo Forumite
    483 Posts
    well i really must stop going out everyday as ive been in a supermarket everyday this week:eek: today ive spent £2.50 in i**land and £1.42 in mr s, i know its not a lot but it all adds up. Ive got pork cacciatore cooking in the SC today, was going to have the chops sunday but weve been invited to dinner :) so having them today instead. Ive also been asked by hubby to make another loaf of bread so he can eat some with the sauce, the one i made yesterday was woofed up :) least the BM is getting used and its money not wasted :j. Have a good day everyone im off to bake the bread :D
    I will lose 2 stone by this summer!!!!!!
  • MrsWoolfeMrsWoolfe Forumite
    265 Posts
    Hello all,

A bit late into the month, but things have been hectic with mine and DH's birthdays and the usual family drama:D!

But I made it here eventually! can I put in for £150 this month please? lot lower than last month but we are away at the end of the month and have lots still in the freezer so should be able to manage that!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Thanks

Mrs Woolfe
    If you're afraid of the big bad Woolfe....beware of the Mrs!:rotfl:

Moved into our first home 31.12.10:jLoving our little House on a Hill:D
  • Morning All!!

Hurrah its Friday is all I can say! :D

Did a quick flit into Mr T on the way to work as menu plan said Jkt Potato/ Cheesy beans and realised we actually had no beans!

Managed to spend £12.22 on beans and cat food and peppers and onions and bananas and yoghurts (for all the SW peeps Mu**erlights 8 for £2)- so then I remember why I don't go to the shops every day! :eek:

AnnieG- pop into £land they do plastic containers like the takeaway ones in stacks and a selection of other containers cheap. If not Ikea if you have one do a fab range of a variety of sizes. Or Mr A's I find cheaper than the rest of the usual suspects.

I have updated sig and have less than half left for the rest of the month- oh dear!!

Have a great day everyone!
    June Budget= £151.41/£150:cool:
    10 NSDs (with teenagers :eek:!!)= 8
    Reduced my overdraft a little today- slow but sure!:A
  • poppy-glospoppy-glos Forumite
    478 Posts
    just done my figures, as long as i spend less than £6.44 today i'm exactly on course (allocating 1/30th of budget a day).
    also just planned next six days main meals, only need peas and carrots so all very doable. The challlenge now is to shop just for peas and carrots...
    nov grocery challenge, £.227.69/300, 9/25 nsd: , 7 Cmo, 10 egm.
    Me, 10 yo dd, and the dog. all food and drinks, in and out, plus household shopping.
  • poppy-glos wrote: »
    just done my figures, as long as i spend less than £6.44 today i'm exactly on course (allocating 1/30th of budget a day).
    also just planned next six days main meals, only need peas and carrots so all very doable. The challlenge now is to shop just for peas and carrots...

:rotfl:Hopefully you will do better than me today when I just went in for basked beans!

Sending you positive thoughts!:D
    June Budget= £151.41/£150:cool:
    10 NSDs (with teenagers :eek:!!)= 8
    Reduced my overdraft a little today- slow but sure!:A
  • Want2BMoneySavvyWant2BMoneySavvy Forumite
    151 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi,

I find IKEA tupperware great - they have a box which costs about £3, and you get 17 different sized containers in it. A couple are big enough for lunchboxes, or large batches of bolognese etc, the rest are good for individual portions of something and there are a few bitty little ones - ideal for lingering berries, mayo, grated cheese etc.

Did an online shop with A$DA today, spent £60.01. This should do us another week or so, and included nappies for my daughter, so am chuffed.

It was my birthday yesterday and my mum bought me a slow cooker! Am very excited! Having a stew tomorrow night so I can test it out. Can anyone point me in the direction of any good slow-cooker recipes?

Having risotto tonight - I have over 2kg of risotto rice in the cupboard so I am determined to have a risotto one night a week until I make a dent in it. Still have some chicken meat leftover from the whole chicken I roasted and stripped, and will use some lemon zest, some peas and broccoli and homemade stock to make up the rest.

Off to update my signature....
    2021 wins: eco-friendly bedding bundle
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides