Can't reach 18866 or 1899 sites? Is it just me?

in Phones & TV
30 replies 2.4K views
13»

Replies

• koru wrote:
    Why not try a different browser, like Firefox or Opera? I found Firefox (mac version) was fine yesterday, complete with security.

thanks for the tip I downloaded firefox free this morning and have logged onto the secure 18866 site no problems. my other browser I could not log on with is Wanadoo just in case any one is having the same problems;- this is the link to download firefox

http://google-download.com.com/3120-20_4-0.html?qt=firefox&tg=dl-2001

it took about 2 minutes.However I have kept my original browser -perhaps I am a creature of habit so I now have the option of browser
    Hope it works for you :)
  • SlinkySlinky Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got into 18866 last night from our new laptop, but this morning from the older desktop, it's just hanging. Both using IE6 as far as I'm aware. I wanted to print out my invoice as it's the beginning of the month. Laptop isn't hooked up to the printer yet.

BTW I've been registered with them since early December, and still not been invoiced as far as I'm aware. Anybody else in this situation?
  • GladGlad Forumite, Board Guide
    18.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I registered with 18866 at beginning of Jan and login each day to view bill and have never had any probs
    STAY HOME - PROTECT THE NHS - SAVE LIVES
    I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
  • knuckledraggerknuckledragger Forumite
    999 Posts
    500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Slinky,
    I'm in the same position as you having signed up in early December. My bill is now over £1.00p and still no invoice. I'm getting worried- NOT!!
    ...and then the window licker said to me...
  • onzeyonzey Forumite
    830 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I think the lack of invoice thing has been discussed before and I believe the usual answer is that until you reach some minimum amount (not sure what it is) they don't seem to bother invoicing.
  • oldagetravelleroldagetraveller Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    My 1st posting mainly to thank petal-14 for posting the link to the Firefox download. Completed yesterday. I too was having trouble logging in to my 18866 account, with IE6, in fact it wasn't working. Now no problem with Firefox.
    Since originally registering with them I have encountered lots of log in problems. Still can't log in using IE6 inspite of sending them messages to which there is never a reply.
    However, the low call charges more than make up for these deficiencies.
  • derrickderrick Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    This page comes up with "page cannot be found" https://www.wxx.nl/18866/logon.asp anyone else getting same message on this page? this page has got the auto log in facility

This page is O.K. http://www.call18866.co.uk/index2.php
    but is more long winded to get to info, same result with IE and Firefox:(
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Lisa_HLisa_H Forumite
    48 Posts
    I wanted to register... hope it's up and running again soon!
  • derrickderrick Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lisa_H wrote:
    I wanted to register... hope it's up and running again soon!

It is working.just can`t access via that page, I think you will be able to register O.K. the page I want is for use by registered users.
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• derrick wrote:
    This page comes up with "page cannot be found" https://www.wxx.nl/18866/logon.asp anyone else getting same message on this page? this page has got the auto log in facility
    Yes. That (far more user-friendly) access route vanished a couple of weeks ago and, when I e-mailed 18866 to enquire when it would be working again, I received a very indignant, "Where did you get that address from?" response (and no help whatsoever).
    30 years, 217 days!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides