May 2010 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• cookie9
    cookie9 Posts: 764
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just back from Mr T - £7.88. Wanted wholemeal pitta bread but much more expensive than white so compromised and got the seeded ones.

Spending looks good - mostly because parents gave me chicken, lamb and eggs. (Handy when your folks live next to a farm!)
    MFW 91 op 2014 £410/1000
    MFW 91 op 2015 £4051/4000
    MFW 91 op 2016 £4040/4000
    MFW 91 op 2017 £812/4500
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,666
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Sorry, me again. Decided to pop to the co op after all & spent about another tenner.

Greent & Hex2 - was just reading your posts thinking I was not doing as well as you & you have the same budget as me. What date does your month end on? My ends on the 26th.

Hi

I, too, work on a calendar month (although OH is paid around the 20th) because I find it easier, so you are ahead of me also regarding the number of days. I would perhaps have spent less than this normally, but made use of money off vouchers which Mr S sent me. I still have another to use next week, so will have to watch spends after that :p I theoretically try to spend roughly £100/ week, with the extra £50 just disappearing :D And I must add in the newspaper bill, as the DD has gone through...

Todays spends are planned as a newspaper and some pull ups (I think they're still on offer) (and a quick trip to the reduced cabinet) from Mr T. I'm also off to the Garden Centre for a mooch, but spends there are not GC related :D
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • becky170
    becky170 Posts: 857
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Just been to MrT and spent another £14.53. Going to do a big online MrT shop next week as they've sent me a spend £50 get £10 off code, but that may push me overbudget :( Will probably stock up on storecupboard stuff and washing powder which won't actually be used until next month, but the code runs out at the end of the month.
    Mortgage-free wannabe #66 £105/4000
  • pipersky
    pipersky Posts: 954 Forumite
    Hi everyone :)

Looks like most people are on track...:j:j:j

I spent £6.35 on a few bits from Co*op today but still well on the way to being under. Have not stuck to my meal planning AT ALL so that's something else I think I might have to try to get under control, as well as NSDs :o

Hope eveyone is having a great weekend :)
    Part time GCer, NSDer, Comper and (Bad)Flylady :o
    A big shot is just a little shot that kept shooting ...
  • Botany
    Botany Posts: 244 Forumite
    Ok, so during the last 9 days I went shopping 4 times and spent a total of 107.85 (this includes 3 trips to Mrs W * and one to Mr T)

*I'm not sure why but Waitrose is a Mrs as far as I'm concerned!:p
  • natlie
    natlie Posts: 1,687
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    big shop this weekend £111 eeek total for May now, £164
    DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024
  • franby64
    franby64 Posts: 944
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Spent £9.71 today so total is now £177.19.

highland fling - I was in Tesco this morning and I was going to buy their 3 for £5 pizzas. I'd noticed before that they'd repackaged them but when I picked them up I realised they were smaller - but the same price. I didn't buy them!

This really annoys me - I would rather they kept the product the same and charged a bit more for it than shrink it and charge the same - it's more honest. Shrinking it is sneaky :mad: I know there are lots of posts and threads about this sort of thing but I just needed to vent!

Hope everybody is having a good weekend. I'm off to look up HM pizza recipes!
    August Shopping Challenge. 26/8. Budget £250 Spent £256.81.. £6.81 over. So £0.00 a day left.
  • Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Small spend this morning as had run out of cheese and also picked up a bottle of lucozade which we keep in just in case as DH is diabetic - so expensive IMO :mad: So today’s spend was £5.99 bringing total to £75.17 Not to bad as allowing £75 per week and almost two weeks in. :T
    Today we having Turkey steak, veg and roasties then either stewed apples or a baked stuffed apple and custard, tomorrow will be pork chops and leeks in cheese sauce with rice and sweet corn.

Hope everyone is doing ok.
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • Sunny_Donny
    Sunny_Donny Posts: 300 Forumite
    Hi All
    Found the reduced freezer in Iceland yesterday - so freezer chocablock.
    2 x Roast Lamb joints £3.50 each (half price)
    1 x McCain wedges 75p
    1 x pack of 6 salmon fillets £2.50
    Just had one of the lamb joints for lunch - beautiful and still some left for sandwiches.
    Rest of shop was from Mr S and lidl
    Total for weekend £ £29.31
    Mortgage free as at 1/9/13 :j
    To start work on the credit cards now!!
  • Hi I messed up last month and lost track of receipts so haven't got a clue what I spent...am going to try again this month and get back on track. Please can you put me down for £200.00 for May!!

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport