We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…12821283128512871288…1488

Comments

  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    I am very :mad: and :eek: and :( and :cry:



    Some pr1ck at work today (I have been out on site all day) told me that if I didn't have a job in September then at least I would be able to stay at home and be a 'proper mum'

    Actually, I am mostly :cry: at the moment, what a terrible, hurtful thing to say.

    Aw hun! Of course you are a proper mum. What a ridiculous comment to make. If you aren't then neither am I - if he said that to me he'd currently be a fireball that was being melted down to a pair of Size 4's ;)
    Ignore the pill0ck!
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • I feel like taking my gorgeous little boy who adores his mummy back to work with me and screaming 'DOES THIS BOY LOOK LIKE I AM NOT A PROPER MUMMY'

    :o
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    I am very :mad: and :eek: and :( and :cry:



    Some pr1ck at work today (I have been out on site all day) told me that if I didn't have a job in September then at least I would be able to stay at home and be a 'proper mum'

    Actually, I am mostly :cry: at the moment, what a terrible, hurtful thing to say.


    what an utter nob head
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • Fitzio
    Fitzio Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    My MIL is pretty good. She will be coming to stay once a week when I go back to work to look after Holly for 1 day. I hope our relationship doesn't deteriorate when she is staying overnight!! Obviously some things annoy me but everyone is different and has different ways, so I just learn to pick my battles and let other stuff go.

    I feel I can trust her to look after Holly and generally follow my wishes, and I feel more comfortable speaking up if I don't want her to do something, than I do with my own mum. The difference is, she has enough respect for me and DH to know that if we decide to do something, we are not total dafties, and we will have made an educated decision, whether it is what she would do or not.

    With my mum, if it's not what she did, then it's clearly wrong, I am a total imbecile and will be mocked and laughed at, and she will have forgotten the whole conversation 5 mins later and continue to do whatever she wants anyway! She did tell me that when Holly is in her house, she will do whatever she wants with her. Hence why she is not looking after her 1 day a week. She will have her for a few hours though as I don't want to cut her out completely. She does love being with Holly. But I don't want her having too much influence in her life or mine!

    Holly just woke up from her nap and her wet nappy has leaked all over her cot. Grrrrr. Again, it's a new Active Fit nappy!! Can't be coincidence surely? She only had it on for about 3 hours as I changed it just after lunch.
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,010 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    MFD - That is a really hurtful thing to say. Did you give them a sharp smack in the mouth? Just make sure you don't listen to them, you know you are a 'proper mum'.

    I really need to know where SS is looking at now, seeing as 3 is only about 10mins away from me:)
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    match won!!! 70 - 68 wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • workinmummy
    workinmummy Posts: 1,479 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Hugs to MFD

    The words "Some bloke" says it all.

    I've had that numerous times from my boss. He is an complete !!! too. With a wife who has never worked because she neither had to or wanted too. So has no idea of the wrath that such comments can conjure, or didn't until recently ;)
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    Watching the tennis, too. Match point, eek!

    Ss, i hope u guys can move back here if that's what u guy want. I'm sure it's really hard for neither one of u to be in ur home country.

    MILs...mine's okayish. She does tend to irritate me, but luckily nothing yet baby-related. I think i may resent her a tiny, tiny, tiny bit because she's not my mother :o:o. (eta: b'c finn never got to meet her)

    Can't believe the tennis finished while i was writing this! Wonder what the pressies are. :p
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

    would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    Fitzio - my sister had the exact same problem with those Active Fits!
    The rash is going now we are back on the Baby Dry's so I am definitely saying it was them that caused it! Got a £6 voucher from pampers yesterday which was nice! :D
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • kindofagilr
    kindofagilr Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Can't speak for MFD, but I too hate line dried towels. Much prefer them from the dryer, they come out much softer for my ever so tender sensitive skin ;)

    Ah well I dont have a dryer lol so maybe thats why lol
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

    Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

    Asda Savings - £0

    POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

    ~ Emergency Savings: £0

    My Debt Free Diary (Link)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.