We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…12831284128612881289…1488

Comments

  • I guess I am just upset that anyone would think that because I work...Oh well. I am off to pick my poor son who is bereft of a proper mother up from his completely unstimulating daycare ;)


    Ah - isn't it wonderful how a moan on here can be so cathartic, I love you guys :A


    FWIW MIL looks after Benjamin really well and mostly does what I ask...I just wish she weren't in my house tampering with my stuff whilst she did it (but wouldn't want her to have him in her house either :p)
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    those 'Active Fit' were on watchfod a few weeks ago as loads of people were complaining about them leaking.

    i'm sticking to the normal baby-dry for the time being.
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • Fitzio
    Fitzio Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    Glam - I got home today to find a sample pack of new Active Fit nappies behind my door saying "Keep 1 for night time" as they are so dry now that you can use them overnight! ha ha. Great timing!

    KOAG - I always tumble dry towels and sheets. Everything else can be line dried but towels must be softened. Although MIL puts fabric softener in hers to make them soft, but this means they don't dry you very well - anyone else do this???

    Brednall - I will pm you regarding weaning when I get the chance.

    Redstar - Nice to see you, don't worry about keeping up. How is Anya (I love the name!)?

    MFD - That's a very thoughtless thing to say, but I hope it is just thoughtless rather than malicious. I guess most working mothers will come across that kind of thing at some point. Hope cuddles from Benjamin will make you feel better.
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    off now to enjoy the rest of the afternoon sunshine
    chat later hopefully :)
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    aless02 wrote: »
    Ss, i hope u guys can move back here if that's what u guy want. I'm sure it's really hard for neither one of u to be in ur home country.

    MILs...mine's okayish. She does tend to irritate me, but luckily nothing yet baby-related. I think i may resent her a tiny, tiny, tiny bit because she's not my mother :o:o. (eta: b'c finn never got to meet her)

    Can't believe the tennis finished while i was writing this! Wonder what the pressies are. :p

    It's not too hard to be away, but long-term I'd prefer to be closer to some relatives.

    I can understand resenting your MIL in your circumstances, Aless. Every time anyone whinges about a grandmother I want to tear their eyes out; it must be much worse for you.

    I hope the presents are large cheques and new legs; Isner's due in a doubles game in an hour :rotfl:
    I guess I am just upset that anyone would think that because I work...Oh well. I am off to pick my poor son who is bereft of a proper mother up from his completely unstimulating daycare ;)

    You and we both know that guy is a cluckwit who has no idea how the world actually works and that your son loves you and knows that he has a proper mummy.

    Mel I will PM you ;)
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Fitzio wrote: »
    KOAG - I always tumble dry towels and sheets. Everything else can be line dried but towels must be softened. Although MIL puts fabric softener in hers to make them soft, but this means they don't dry you very well - anyone else do this???
    I used to put fabric softener in everything, including towels... Until I read an article in the ecologist... I haven't used it since... And now the drawer on my washing machine never goes black :D

    Just had to deal with a very bad code brown... It leaked out of a washable :eek: first time that's ever ever happened in 2 children!! Had to scrub the carpet and everything... Hope it's just a one off!!!
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • Fitzio
    Fitzio Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    I think I have a puppy rather than a baby. She has stolen my slipper (again) and crawled away - backwards of course! I think she would be pulling herself up by now but because she goes backwards, she has nothing to hold on to!

    Off to make dinner now, catch up later as hubby is out for the evening.
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Fitzio wrote: »
    I think I have a puppy rather than a baby. She has stolen my slipper (again) and crawled away - backwards of course!

    :rotfl: Husband has just been complaining that Molly's always playing with his shoes. She's napping at the moment and I went round to retrieve all the shoes she's hidden around the place.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • got-it-spend-it
    got-it-spend-it Posts: 5,016 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I guess I am just upset that anyone would think that because I work...Oh well. I am off to pick my poor son who is bereft of a proper mother up from his completely unstimulating daycare ;)


    I am so angry on your behalf :mad:. FWIW I am sure that I will be a better Mummy for going back to work. I personally need that challenge and working is part of who I am.

    It sounds to me like Benjamin has a whale of a time at the CMs, and he sounds like a very rounded individual (as much as you can be at 15 months old)!.

    Aless- I cannot imagine how hard it must be not to resent your MIL in your situation. I resent mine sometimes because she is so much better with babies than my Mum is, which is silly and petty, but there you go. Massive hugs to you, I'm sure your Mum would have been so proud of you and Finn.

    Fitz- I caught Henry chewing my flip-flop the other day :eek:. I am a relaxed Mummy when it comes to germs, but that was a step to far even for me.

    Krystal- I'm sorry to hear about your mega code brown. I'm sure that has done wonders for your morning sickness.

    Are we the only ones who've not had a problem with the new active fits? We've only used one packet so far (which my MIL bought us as all our nappies at home are stockpiles from when I was pregnant so are old style ones). Henry's not a heavy wetter though so maybe that makes a difference.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Amber eats shoes too.

    And I dont use softener, apparetly it can make your TD catch fire? Plus it makes so much more oos in the TD.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.