How best to spend £13.93 to live for a week?

Comments

• Aldi do a tomatoe and herb pasta sauce at apx 39p which is fine. I keep it in my store cupboard.
  • sulkisu
    sulkisu Posts: 1,285 Forumite
    Porridge for breakfast. Oats are cheap - especially from a health food shop - and they are very filling. I make mine with water and milk.
  • Mothership
    Mothership Posts: 823 Forumite
    It doesn't matter how you end up in a muddle , maybe illness or losing a job could put any one of us in the same position.
    The good thing about this site is there is always someone willing to help out.
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
  • Prevention is better than the cure.

I don't make the rules up!!
  • janiebaby29
    janiebaby29 Posts: 1,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Let me get this right. You joined this forum in August 2006 and haven't learned enough to prevent yourself getting in this situation in the first place?

How did you manage to get into this muddle?
    as a newbie posting , thats a bit rude
    anything can happen especially in this climate
    The original janiebaby ;)
  • c-m
    c-m Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 April 2010 at 3:13PM
    Let me get this right. You joined this forum in August 2006 and haven't learned enough to prevent yourself getting in this situation in the first place?

How did you manage to get into this muddle?

Lol.

Its not really a situation. Its enough to survive on for 6/7 days just about, so i'm not too concerned. I was just asking to see what others might suggest buying.

I was Ill in February and lost around £300 in lost earnings. My previous employer only paid stautory sick pay (the figure above takes that into acount too, so I actually lost more)

That meant that I couldn't pay some bills in March.

As such I had to pay them in April. And now with all my April and March bills covered I £13.93 left in my account.

Oh add to that I changed jobs and my current salary gets paid in a little later in my new position.
  • Indeed, anything can happen. However, what did happen?

I'm willing to offer help, but will advising on how to eat for the next 7 days prevent the same thing occuring this time next month.

As for being a newbie, I'm unsure of the relevance of this comment.
  • c-m wrote: »
    Lol.

Its not really a situation. Its enough to survive on for 6/7 days just about, so i'm not too concerned. I was just asking to see what others might suggest buying.

I was Ill in February and lost around £300 in lost earnings. My previous employer only paid stautory sick pay (the figure above takes that into acount too, so I actually lost more)

That meant that I couldn't pay some bills in March.

As such I had to pay them in April. And now with all my April and March bills covered I £13.93 left in my account.

Oh add to that I changed jobs and my current salary gets paid in a little later in my new position.

Brilliant. Now, £13.93 to play with.........

You understand my query though, don't you? If this situation was self inflicted then I'd be less sympathetic.

No rudeness was intended.
  • janiebaby29
    janiebaby29 Posts: 1,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Indeed, anything can happen. However, what did happen?

I'm willing to offer help, but will advising on how to eat for the next 7 days prevent the same thing occuring this time next month.

As for being a newbie, I'm unsure of the relevance of this comment.
    the OP has just explained the reason why ,
    its called tact , my dear , something you do learn about on here
    The original janiebaby ;)
  • c-m
    c-m Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 April 2010 at 3:24PM
    I don't expect there to be similar circumstances again, plus i've got a budget now to monitor my expenditure, and I get paid more in my new job.

Now I could have asked my new employer for a small advance, I could have borrowed, as much as I need from a friend, but I think almost £14 to feed one person is a do-able challenge.

I might even learn that I don't mind living on cheaper food and in turn slash my food bill in the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure