Slimming World - Extra Easy weight loss!!

Options

Comments

• TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Phew just finished catching up on this thread, taken me all evening :o very interesting!!

Food today

B - weetabix [bs] milk [a] coffee

L - mugshot, babybel [a], muller, crisps [ 6.5 syns]

T - stirfried veg & noodles, salt n pepper, balsamic vinegar

Snacks - banana, pineappple

Syns - 6.5

TESCO HAD PINEAPPLES AT HALF PRICE [50P] SO GOT 2 :T

Bad news is * week started early so feel like s**t :( probably why I had such a crap day at work too :o
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • gemsmember
    gemsmember Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't expect to need snacks after eating as well as this :p

I don't think you and I will agree on this issue, since you don't believe it works for you any more. It seems obvious to me that if it worked before but doesn't now, you must be doing something different now!

I do think we agree on that point - that we won't agree - yes, it did work for me before up to a certain point and then it stopped. I am not doing anything different, but my life has changed and I am now on quite a lot of medication - so the point I was trying to make is that it doesn't work for everyone - people's life style and health issues, age, etc. do make a difference to what you are able to eat and still lose weight.

So, yes, I will still be eating sensibly, but will also be restricting the amount I am eating and not eating 'free' foods as 'free' but will be counting them, and hopefully it will work.
  • kayda
    kayda Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone, well done on all your loses. I can't believe the amount of pages I had to read today to catch up on here, I'm glad I joined an active forum for a change.

Anyways, our consultant just shamefully text us all to ask us to bring in a dish we have prepared or some low syn snacks. I've only recently joined SW (4 weeks) & I'm not really a cook, I tend to stick with easy things like jacket pots or pasta & lots of fruit & veg.
    Anybody any ideas what I can make/take in?
    I've been searching through the thread & there seems to be conflicting opinions on foods that are misused/abused, I don't want to put effort in, to be told that I shouldn't be presenting a dish, on the grounds of bending the rules with food.
    I can't even ring her, as she kindly states in her text message that she is going away today & isn't back until Monday, which would you believe it is the taster day grrr
    She is however bringing in our local butcher to show us how to make low syn sausages & other stuff, which could be good. He has a sign in his window saying SW approved mince, but I never knew if it could be trusted, so never tried it.
    I'm guessing after Monday night he will be gaining quite a few new customers.

I'd be grateful of any ideas on any dishes or low syn snacks, thank you :)
    Start weight 14st 6lbs - Goal weight 9st 7lbs
    Weight lost so far 13.5lbs
    in 4 weeks
  • fozziebeartoo
    fozziebeartoo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    Options
    zippychick wrote: »
    I've never tasted quark as I can't seem to find it. I bought cottage cheese but i don't have big hopes for it! Did you try flavouring quark?

I echo your hoummous recipe, but would add a squish of lemon juice and some chilli flakes :j I really think the yog gives it a really nice creamy texture, and it freezes brilliantly :D

I've been looking for quark for ages and had been told lots of different places supermarkets put it, but no success......

FINALLY found it in my little local Sainsburys yesterday - next to feta cheese!

HTH
  • Rotherham_Lass
    Options
    I've been looking for quark for ages and had been told lots of different places supermarkets put it, but no success......

FINALLY found it in my little local Sainsburys yesterday - next to feta cheese!

HTH

I still haven't found it and have looked in tesco, asda, morrisons and sainsburys! :(
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :D

Thanks Zippychick - you were right that I meant if frylite did THAT to my bakeware what would it do to my insides ....although I was peeved about it kn*ckering my baking sheets :rotfl:-it left like a thin sticky, rubber coating that I just couldn't get off :o.
    Im tight fisted with my syns but will use them on a spoon of oil -If Im stir frying or sealing meat I use 1/2tsp of olive oil which is only 1 syn and that usually makes 3 servings -so even if you say 1/2 syn its not so bad ;)....

Im another one who used to consume gallons of diet coke ... I weaned myself off -made easier that even the proper diet coke out here doesn't taste like ours :cool:.. I now drink about 3-4.5lt sparkling water a day and on the odd occasion I think I fancy a diet coke oe SF tango..its far too sweet and makes me really thirsty -saves me a fortune too :rotfl:

Well my EE meal plan for today is.....
    • 250ml semi skimmed(A)
    • lemon juice in warm water
    • 1 grapefruit
    • 2 eggs scrambled
    • 2 bacon medallions
    • fresh tomatoes
    • roasted carrots, parnips, onions
    • 1/2tsp oil (1)
    • huge salad
    • jacket potato
    • cottage cheese
    • 1tbs ygurt dressing (0.5)
    • fruit
    I will need to fit in my healthy (B) somehow and try and squish some extra syns in -if I can't I will swap my meals around tomorrow to use a few more ;)
    I have had my first sessinon on the wii fit this morning...only 15 mins -but its a start and I don't want to do too much and then feel too pooped to do any later :p

Well done on the losses folk :T
    I like that we all have different views of things, as long as it works for each of us -thats all that matters :j
    Have a great day everyone :D
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 14 May 2010 at 8:06AM
    Options
    Circes wrote: »
    But the fact is that they are not the same. When you compare the Asda and the Tesco pitta breads, the Asda ones has maybe four wholefood ingredients while the Tesco ones, while they may be similar nutritionally, has a whole list of additives, flours and oils. They are much more processed than the asda variety. And that is why the Asda ones are HEBs but not the Tesco. I can't comment on other brands as these are the only ones I have checked.
    If you go to http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/ocado-compare-prices/Speciality_Breads/Essential_Waitrose_Fresh_Wholemeal_Pitta_Bread_6.html

Just wondering if these are the same ingredients as Asda ones? Got some for my son yesterday and am tempted :eek:

Also these ones

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/sainsburys-price-comparison/Speciality_Breads/Sainsburys_Wholemeal_Pitta_6.html

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Speciality_Breads/Tesco_Organic_Wholemeal_Pitta_Bread_6.html
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all, I just want to say I have been catching up and reading the last few pages.
    I want to say thank you so much to Consultant31, she has been invaluable in this thread (and past threads), she gives great answers and clears up all the myths and questions. I cant imagine how confused we'd all be without her input. She never seems to tire of answering our questions.

I have been to a few different SW classes and ive never found a consultant who knows the plan as well as Consultant31 and we cant even pay her for it. So I thought id give a special thanks for giving sensible, informative and helpful posts :T:T:T:T:T:T:beer:
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Im having a green days today as oh is going out tonight so i can please myself.

B - mushrooms, eggs, beans and toast, cuppa
    L - baked potato and cheese and homemade coleslaw
    D - mushroom stirfry and oodles of noodles
    Supper - (if i need them) a big plate of Chilli SW chips with a Ff and sweet chilli dip.

syns - a little mayo in coleslaw, spread on toast and a nice glass of Rioja tonight.

I plan to get Ds on his bike seat and get out for a cycle while DD is at nursery
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • bright_side
    bright_side Posts: 1,799 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nic2075 wrote: »
    Morning all, I just want to say I have been catching up and reading the last few pages.
    I want to say thank you so much to Consultant31, she has been invaluable in this thread (and past threads), she gives great answers and clears up all the myths and questions. I cant imagine how confused we'd all be without her input. She never seems to tire of answering our questions.

I have been to a few different SW classes and ive never found a consultant who knows the plan as well as Consultant31 and we cant even pay her for it. So I thought id give a special thanks for giving sensible, informative and helpful posts :T:T:T:T:T:T:beer:

I'll second that!!! :D
    Some people see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty - the enlightened are simply grateful to have a glass :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure