Slimming World - Extra Easy weight loss!!

Options

Comments

• sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Felicity wrote: »
    I always thought the Quorn Peppered Steaks were free, oops! I hope so!

I hope so too, but as I'm trying to be good I thought I'd better ask before I assumed anything LOL:D
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • aliscrapper
    aliscrapper Posts: 510 Forumite
    Options
    The best way to learn how much to eat would be to follow one of the menu plans. If it states that it's for 4, either halve the recipe and save a portion for another day or make all of it and freeze 3 portions (quick meals when you can't be bothered).

I do think this is the hardest part, but I also think it helps to make a point of eating more slowly (and even maybe use a slightly smaller plate). I have found when I go to lunch with my son (who I only see about once a month) we have so much to talk about that I eat much less and am satisfied even though I looked at it when it arrived and thought "jeepers, that'll never fill me" :rotfl:

Have you seen those plates made for dieters? Maybe that would help, though they're very expensive!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B000H1HXZM/sr=8-1-catcorr/qid=1273775977/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=65801031&s=drugstore&qid=1273775977&sr=8-1-catcorr

Thank you so much Consultant. What you say makes so much sense! The plate on Amazon looks like a great idea! Thanks again!:beer:
  • consultant31
    consultant31 Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

So, can I eat any red/green free food anytime? So, for instance, could I eat, say Crabsticks as a snack, or do they have to be part of a meal to be free iyswim? At the moment I have just been doing it so that 1 third of the plate is Green food 1 third Red and 1 third Superfree foods and then only snacking on Mullerlights/Fruit/other Superfree stuff etc in between, but wondering if I can have some other stuff aswell?

So far today I have had

B - V Low Fat Natural Yogurt with chopped apple and banana
    2 Ryvita Dark Rye (half of HEb) and free cottage cheese

S - Fruit - Melon/Grapes

L - Coleslaw made with shredded veg and V L Fat Fromage Frais
    2 Ryvita Dark Rye (other half of HEb)
    Crabsticks in sauce made from V L F Fromage Frais and 1/2 tbsp Ketchup (0.5 Syns)
    Mullerlight

S - Alpen choc fudge bar - 3 Syns

D - 2 Bowyers 5% fat sausages - 2 Syns
    Batchelors Savoury Rice
    Veg

So, how does that look?

And will it work?! Im terrified I will eat loads and put on - it just seems too good to be true!

Any advice will be very helpful - thanks in advance. xx

Sorry you had to wait for a reply - there seems to have been a lot going on tonight. Yes, anything that's free on Green and free on Red (Original) is free on EE.

Your menu looks ok but there doesn't seem to be a lot of food there to me - I'd have added a jacket potato to the lunch :p

Almost everyone thinks it won't work for them, but it honestly will. Have a look on the website www.slimming-world.com where you will find a 7 say menu plan to give you some ideas of what you can hve.
    I let my mind wander and it never came back!
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 13 May 2010 at 9:47PM
    Options
    lynzpower wrote: »
    Oh me too, I had pork scratchings the other day ! My fave ;)
    Well if the scales have me right, Ive lost 7lbs in 3ish week.I honetly dont think its that much but then again you can tell and the fact someone other that the OH has noticed feels really good :j

Sweet potato wedges done with frylite (I care more about my figure than I do about my oven trays :cool:) Chicken breast in jerk seasoning in the griddle pan, HM salsa ( tomato, garlic,chillis, onion, coriander) boiled Rice, cottage cheese instead of Sour cream and taco shell ( 2 syns) and Jamie olivers mexican street salad. .

Your dinner sounds delicious!:j

Regards your frylite comment - i don't think anyone here has said they care more about their oven trays than their figure. Mrs McAwber commented on what it did to her trays - from the point of view of "if it does that to my oven trays, what on earth is it doing to my insides?":eek: (Mrs McA, if i interpret you wrongly, please correct me asap!)

The ingredients apart from oil and water are - emulsifier, soya lectin, E473, Alcohol, antioxidant and Vitamin E. Personally I prefer to minimise my chemical, preservative and additive intake (that's why I syn proper butter ), as I do my caffiene (one lot of caffiene a day) , trans fats , etc. Just like i choose to eat Free range eggs and meat purchased from the butchers. In fact, now I have typed that list up, I am even more determined not to buy fry light again . :eek::rotfl:

All lifestyle choices really. If i HAD to eat mullerlites and use frylight to lose weight, personally, I would rather stay a few pounds overweight, than overload myself with all the rubbish they have added to them. :)

But that's just my opinion:A

Congrats on your weight loss so far :)
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• blackberry-rum
    blackberry-rum Posts: 1,302 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    missty25 wrote: »
    If you have it what about VLF natural yogurt with crushed garlic and pepper or even a wee bit cayenne pepper mixed in, or homemade salsa made with toms, onion, peppers and crushed garlic.

Missty, I dip celery into hummus. I blend a can of chick peas, couple of cloves of garlic, 2 tsp sesame oil (SYNS! :eek:but not many :)), a little chilli, big dollop of fat free plain yog, salt as necessary and black pepper. I think the SW recipe uses quark or cottage cheese but as I don't like them I use yoghurt. Don't drain off the liquid from the chickpeas as you will need some of it to get the right consistency. It's lovely!
    :jThat's 2 stone 9 lbs gone forever:j

thank you Slimming World!
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Missty, I dip celery into hummus. I blend a can of chick peas, couple of cloves of garlic, 2 tsp sesame oil (SYNS! :eek:but not many :)), a little chilli, big dollop of fat free plain yog, salt as necessary and black pepper. I think the SW recipe uses quark or cottage cheese but as I don't like them I use yoghurt. Don't drain off the liquid from the chickpeas as you will need some of it to get the right consistency. It's lovely!

I've never tasted quark as I can't seem to find it. I bought cottage cheese but i don't have big hopes for it! Did you try flavouring quark?

I echo your hoummous recipe, but would add a squish of lemon juice and some chilli flakes :j I really think the yog gives it a really nice creamy texture, and it freezes brilliantly :D
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• Circes_2
    Circes_2 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    Inazuma wrote: »
    I really don’t think one supermarkets wholemeal pitta can be ok, but another synned – they’re all made by the same two or three manufacturers and are very similar.

But the fact is that they are not the same. When you compare the Asda and the Tesco pitta breads, the Asda ones has maybe four wholefood ingredients while the Tesco ones, while they may be similar nutritionally, has a whole list of additives, flours and oils. They are much more processed than the asda variety. And that is why the Asda ones are HEBs but not the Tesco. I can't comment on other brands as these are the only ones I have checked.
  • aliscrapper
    aliscrapper Posts: 510 Forumite
    Options
    I went to WI tonight and lost 1.5 pounds :j- am over the moon as for the last few weeks it has only been 0.5 pound weight loss or 1 pound or even some weeks staying the same.

I've only had bread twice this week; whereas normally I have it a lot and I know a lot of people say that having bread a lot affects their weight loss so I think I may be one of those people.

Thank you so much everyone for your support on this thread - you really have given me the help and motivation to get my weight loss moving! :T:beer:

My wedding dress has come in today and I have my first fitting in two week's time so I'm hoping I can shift a little more weight before then!:)
  • yellowlabellady
    Options
    Sorry you had to wait for a reply - there seems to have been a lot going on tonight. Yes, anything that's free on Green and free on Red (Original) is free on EE.

Your menu looks ok but there doesn't seem to be a lot of food there to me - I'd have added a jacket potato to the lunch :p

Almost everyone thinks it won't work for them, but it honestly will. Have a look on the website www.slimming-world.com where you will find a 7 say menu plan to give you some ideas of what you can hve.

Thanks so much for the reply, hope I didnt appear to be too impatient, was just getting very hungry :rotfl:

So I can snack on so much more than I have done today by the sounds of it if I need to? I have been a bit peckish but have just been having fruit tbh as wasnt sure if I could have any thing else, but the amount of food I have eaten today far exceeds the amount I would normally eat so seems tons to me....perhaps thats why I havent been able to lose any weight for so long even though I have been constantly dieting. This is so much better and so different - the thing is, if you know you can eat a wide variety and listen to your body, I think you generally dont feel as hungry anyway and wont end up turning to the biscuit tin :) Well, thats the theory, lets see if it will work...!!

When I first started SW, I was 15 stone at my heaviest, went down to 10 stone 4 and am now 11 stone 12 ish (10 years on and after having a baby) so I have a lot less to lose than I originally did and wonder if that makes it harder, although Im certainly no sylph now even :) But a stone or two off would be very nice!!

Thanks again for your help everyone, will be watching this thread closely now!! x
    Wealth can be measured in many ways...not all of them by pence and pounds.;) :happylove
  • consultant31
    consultant31 Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    gemsmember wrote: »

This would be a typical day, I have calculated the calories as best as I could from an online calorie counter, so they may not be 100% correct, but near enough.

Breakfast - 4 ryvita (HE) 120
    low fat cottage cheese (approx. 6oz) free 120
    apple 40
    banana 100

lunch large jacket potato 250
    whole tin of baked beans 340

dinner chicken (113 g HE) 120
    1/2 jar pasata 120
    garlic, herbs and spices (curry)
    100g rice (dry) 350

250ml semi skimmed milk (HE) 100

this comes to 1660

the above is with only 1 a choice HE and without any syns or other free foods eaten during the day, such as fruit etc. so it could well come to 2000+ without trying.

I wouldn't expect to need snacks after eating as well as this :p

I do understand what you say and of course it's true that if you eat significantly more than your body needs you won't lose weight, but a woman needs 2000 calories a day to live and breathe. Most of us do a little more than this each day so eating anything up to 2000 a day will produce a weight loss, not a big one, but a loss nevertheless.

I don't think you and I will agree on this issue, since you don't believe it works for you any more. It seems obvious to me that if it worked before but doesn't now, you must be doing something different now!

If you feel that you need more structure, why can't you put that in place while still following the broad outlines of food optimising? As MrsM said, just because you can have it, doesn't mean to say you must. I'm sure you think I feel the way I do because of the job I do, but honestly, I wouldn't do the job if I didn't believe in the plan.

Good luck to you anyway, whatever you decide to do. I really hope it works out for you :)
    I let my mind wander and it never came back!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure