Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    CathT wrote: »
    What are you doing down on page 5 Newgirly?!?!

I was wondering the same! - but wasn't sure if ng was on a mini-break?

Whatever you're up to, ng, I hope it's fun! :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 12 November 2017 at 2:33PM
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl:

I'll tell you what I'm doing -hiding shamefully from everyone due to overspending :o

Not away until next Saturday, can't wait but quite behind with everything at home. Today it's the 2nd anniversary of losing gran so after taking some flowers etc. Me mum and dad are off to he cinema to see murder on the orient express then they are coming back for dinner, an odd thing to do perhaps but mum wanted to do something nice.

I have no idea what I've spent recently, I'm honestly too scared to look :eek: I'd not budgetted for Xmas and that as usual is getting out of hand! I've gone out lots, I've booked multiple gig tickets for the boys for Xmas, a new coat in Zara, I've bought loads of Xmas booze on offer, I've given dd about £300 for her trip to Venice tomorrow (found out yesterday it's tomorrow -though it was end of Nov!) plus the conservatory and carpet, nights out, cruise next week and weekend away the week after.

I think it's a delayed spend up which I thought I would have after our windfall last year. I've gone a bit mad .......

Ps cath, I didn't answer your question about budgets , for obvious reasons!
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Whoops!

Am sure it'll all come ok in the end... :) xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • newgirly
    Options
    Still don't know yet greent, I've been mooching online and still not checked the accounts yet :eek:

Felt a bit wobbly out and about today, mum made me sit down and have a sugary drink and it helped. If I am ill while we are away like last time I shan't be a happy bunny!

Now, to go to bed for an early night before work (and worry about finances all day tomorrow?) or to stay up late (and not sleep after stressing over spending?) hmmm.
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Early night if you're not 100%.
  • newgirly
    Options
    Ok boss :D
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    I think it may be a 'rip off the band aid' situation. Look at the accounts, draw a line under the situation and move on.
    You will be fine.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • newgirly
    Options
    Thanks wishing, you are right and I've compromised and got up early to have a look, I keep waking up through the night anyway so have done well to get to 5am.

Fingers crossed!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Hope it's not as bad as you feared.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • newgirly
    Options
    Cheers wishing :)

I'm going in a little late today, never would normally do that but got up early and wanted to see the damage, one of the perks of being in friendly terms with the boss :D

Well, it's a big overspend :eek:

Effectively it means only about another £1000 or so off the mortage balance the rest of this year :o

It will add a month on the term if I can go super low living costs of £650 all in for the rest of the term (er, that is rather optimistic!) it will add one month on the term end date , so may 2019. The date I really don't want to move on to is july 2019 as I would love to pay it off while the youngest two are still 18.

I've also reduced our cruise spending budget a bit from £400 to £350, and it gives me £173 left until 1st Dec. Although I need to stock up on food and leave a bit of cash for the kids while we are away -and they are home alone for five nights next week :eek::eek:

Hopefully more detail later tonight.

Right I'm off to sit in a very big traffic jam as it's rush hour :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback