Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    Not the best month for ops :o

I've overspent this month on various things, and I've also lost track of food /petrol spends which is rather slack. I've overspent on the cc so will now just use the cash in my purse to see me through until 8th when I can use he cc again £76 :eek:

But your annual overpayments are amazing, you are amazing.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,952 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That's very kind wishingthemortgaeaway, but stop as you are making me blush :rotfl:

Weigh in day yesterday 1/2 a lb off , very disappointing :( hopefully a better result next week as I have been mostly very good.

I might even get out for a long walk today as i am determined to get to target before Xmas .

Off to the farm shop to buy veg today, less chance of an overspend I can't afford :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Going in the right direction though. I imagine it is harder to lose when you are not that far off your ideal weight?
  • newgirly
    Options
    I think it's more I get bored so go from being really motivated to couldn't care less fairly frequently, bit like my spending habits really :rotfl:

You are doing well though :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    As we added a month to the term we were aiming for (general overspending, conservatory repairs, stair carpet) I had a bit of a surplus over to put towards spending money for dds girly birthday weekend next year. But no, I have just realised that my figures have not allowed for the fact we will lose the child benefit when the boys finish college next year :( can't believe I don't forgotten that!

So now no surplus and I've had to squeeze £200 on top to still keep the April 2018 end date. It's seems two steps forward three back sometimes :rotfl:
  • newgirly
    Options
    Good weekend so far, went to visit our work friend's new house yesterday, he Sold his house last year and cleared his mortgage by moving out of London into Essex by the river crouch. He crazily still commutes to our factory in east London daily, but he does'nt mind the journey and loves it there. He insisted on buying us lunch at a pub, as we had him stay over Friday and I cooked his dinner, totally unnecessary of him but very kind.

On the way home we passed the world best Xmas shop - it really must be me and I've been to many :rotfl: thought I'd get a table centre piece, I've always wanted a traditional candle type one. They had many to choose from and some with modern candle arches in then battery operated.

Dh had the suggestion that we don't need to spend £99 on one of these as we could just make our own. I don't need any encouragement when it comes to spending on Xmas decorations which can hardly be classed as an essential (when you are trying to pay for a new stair carpet say....) so we grabbed a couple of baskets and happily started filling them with silk roses and poinsettias.

The bill for everything came to £96 :eek:

There is something wrong with me!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    This could be a new business?
  • newgirly
    Options
    I wish, it's great fun! Seriously though they cost a LOT to make and I don't think anyone would pay what it costs let alone a profit :eek:

I have nearly finished and have left over red roses and berries but a shortage of ivy, so I'm off to buy a bit more foliage and I should have enough to make a second much smaller one :T
  • newgirly
    Options
    If I can get dds help I will post a photo later :D
  • michelle09
    Options
    Well you're £3 under and you will have the satisfaction of knowing you made it yourself!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback