Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,952 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You must throw a huge Halloween party in that case shs - it's only fair :rotfl:

Zoo event sounds good cath :)

I've had a great few days lurking on page three mfd's :D eating out three day's on the trot , thurs evening girls meal at p*zza express , Friday night dh took us for a curry, today out with the inlaws for lunch. Living the dream this week now I'm on the 5-2 :rotfl::rotfl:

I'm currently going through a rebellious phase and must confess to visiting a mini garage and c*rrys to look at fridges :eek: hopefully it will soon pass and I will look and not buy (as usually happens ). I guess as long as we don't buy it's cheap entertainment in a way :o
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    They have fridges at the mini garage?
  • newgirly
    Options
    :rotfl: wouldn't surprise me! They had a mini tent that goes on the roof to camp in :eek:
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Cute. And very...er...cosy.
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Do not buy! Window shop only newgirly, you're so close to the end now.
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • newgirly
    Options
    Thanks cath, I know, window shopping only :A :D
  • newgirly
    Options
    £20 voucher to spend on Xmas today, the first free voucher from the new cc :beer: I've also had a £50 Amazon one form he Amazon cc and I've got £20 of clubcard vouchers to spend too. If only all Xmas shopping was free!

I'm thinking of getting dh a new tv for our bedroom for Xmas, controversial for some I know, but I like to feel like we have a penthouse flat rather than a bedroom on the top floor, somewhere to escape the teenagers :rotfl: will keep a look out on the deal sites for any offers, it doesn't need to be anything fancy.

Need to update the food and petrol spends so far now :)
  • Merchandiser2367
    Options
    Just reading your posts and would like to say it is inspiring to read page 1 from 2010 and then see you're still going strong 7 years later. Hopefully my wife and I can be that strong in our 5 year journey starting at the end of this month
    Mortgage When Started Over Pay 01/11/2017- £146,500
    Current Total - 10/02/2022 - £6,500 (With Offset
    £10k Savings)
    5 year fix
    MFW hopefully by March 2022
    01/11/17 - £10k / £10k Emergency Savings :beer:
  • newgirly
    Options
    That's funny I just posted in your new diary :D

Thanks, 7 years is a LONG time for me to stick to anything :rotfl: best of luck with your five year plan.

Why is it the more early I have to get up, the less I can sleep the night before? I was in bed tired early most of the weekend. Now with a 6am start, I know I'll be awake a fair while yet!

Whilst not sleeping in bed tonight I've been having a look at the Xmas M & S Xmas food to order, it is very tempting to order some bits :o we will have between 12-14 people probably this year on Boxing Day. Last years food was a cold meat/cheese/ exotic salads type affair. Still was time consuming on the day. I've been seen quite a few things I fancy buying. I may even have to do a posh festive Xmas eve dinner too :D
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    :rotfl: wouldn't surprise me! They had a mini tent that goes on the roof to camp in :eek:
    Don't think I'd fancy camping on the roof of a mini :eek::eek::eek:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback