£139,999 mortgage balance
    £6018 mnba 0%cc deal ends july 2015
    £4339 Fluid 0% cc ends June 2016
    £0loft loan 6.4%

£150,356 total

Total bal o/s £ 150,356

Total paid off 2014 £22,818

Plus savings of £700 in premium bonds :D

New target is a bit higher than last years 15k at 20k , we did pay more off this year but had about 11k help with an inheritance so our real figure should be around £12k , no where near as good! So a very tight year to try and get to 20k
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My budget for everything is £600 pm on the cc and £50 cash,this is for food , petrol, clothes birthdays (except the kids') entertainment, school bits etc. everything else is covered including xmas and the holiday next year is already paid for.

I'm going to use a spending app, but think I will set it up as the £650 pm not all our expenses, more likely to take the time to do it that way :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    Dh has gone to work today to have a clean up whilst everyone is off, so I'm going to do the same at home.

I have a fridge full of food, and probably quite a bit that needs throwing away :( plenty of washing of washing and ironing too, I've not felt like doing anything the last couple of days as my throat has been worse, I'm supposed to be seeing the hobbit at the imax tomorrow with a meal and drinks first but I might let dd take a friend instead.

Can't believe xmas is over already, I guess no excuses for not getting fit and losing weight now!
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Great reduction in your outstanding total Newgirly, good luck for your 2015 target. Hope you feel up to cinema too.
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • newgirly
    Options
    Hi cath thanks, I hope you have a great 2015 too :D

I missed the iMax yesterday as I still don't feel too good, still it's a cheap way of spending New Years eve, glass of water and the TV :money:

I can't believe its 2015 tomorrow, in April I will have been on mse and this board for five years. It's scary how fast time has gone, some years have been very successful oping wise others have seen us borrowing a lot more to get work on the house done.

All in all it's very roughly worked out at around 10k a year we have paid off on average, which is not as shabby as it could be seen as I've only gone back to work a year ago, so it was all on dh's wages and the child benefit.

So many people on mse have made such a difference to me sticking at this , I really never could have thought I'd still be here all these years later and that's all down to the fab support and brilliant diaries :)

Happy new year!
  • newgirly
    Options
    First spending of the year today, £80 exactly at the supermarket. Nobody seems that hungry in our house the last week since xmas, not sure if they are all surviving on hidden leftover selection boxes in their bedrooms-probably!

I've been wasting the day on Pinterest and reading blogs, so much inspiration on up-cycling and makeover furniture and kitchens. I think I might have a go at a few easy projects this year.

A couple of years ago we bought an old large mirrored hall stand at a boot sale for £25 which I revamped in pale pink originally and now it's a very 70's shade of deep purple. But since then except a bit of varnishing , nothing has been changed in our house.
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I think an average of an annual £10k reduction a year is an excellent result, you should be very proud of your achievement.

I also think having your diary 5 years and keeping it regularly updated is a great achievement too:)

Have a good 2015
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Happy New Year, newgirly! :)

Don't forget that the loft and room changes are a BIG change to have undertaken in your house! :) xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • newgirly
    Options
    Thanks GG and greent :)

Due to cabin fever, we went to the local shopping centre today minus kids. I drive dh crazy by trying to stop him buying stuff :D

I was good though and just bought some birthday cards and paper and a whooping £1.10 having a few old photos enhanced and copied for my friends 40th, I found a really cute one of us together at about five or six, dressed as red roses with painted faces and big petals round our heads on a carnival float.

It's another friend's 40th this week so I'm out tonight with the girls for a meal at prezzos, plus she has an 80s fancy dress party next week. Not that easy to stop spending this month :o
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Any favourites for spending APPs?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business