Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    What a fantastic friend you have! (Can I be her friend too? :D) ENjoy" :D x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Haha! Yes she is a lovely friend and no you can't have her :p

Not going well at the moment, dh is in panic mode as he is so busy at work and now has to take time off,he has had one and a half hours sleep in the last 2 days. The bathroom turned up yesterday that the builder will need soon and the basin and toilet are smashed :mad: I need to ring them this morning and try and sort out. It's just been a bit crazy here, we had roofers in yesterday as well as the builders and they constantly knocked to use the toilet and ask for tea all day, plus one of them let himself in and went upstairs, I don't mind when we are out but not when I'm in (and trying on clothes to pack!) then the cat brought in a dead pigeon and we lost it , that gives a clue as to the state of the house that you can lose a bird that size :rotfl: we did find in in the end down the back of my work machine in the conservatory.

I have not packed any of the kids stuff yet or bought food to take to mums , I need to cut my hair /do nails etc. and I am help my friend to move today eek, so much to do!

Sorry for not popping in any diaries the last few days hope you are all well :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • greent
    Options
    And..... breathe!!! :)

Make a list of what you need (not want) to get done - and attack it methodically? Sometimes having it written down and seeing things crossed off makes it seem more achievable xx

Enjoy it - and I hope Dh can distress for the break, too xx

ps: you're a meany for not sharing your friend!! lol ;) xx
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
  • SmlSave
    SmlSave Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gosh NG, you def need this break away! Well done on finding the pigeon in the end
    Currently studying for a Diploma - wish me luck :)

Phase 1 - Emergency Fund - Complete :j
    Phase 2 - £20,000 Mortgage Fund - Underway
  • newgirly
    Options
    Thanks sml save and greent :)

Another mad day today, we are basically packed, but the house is a bomb site, I will try to do some tidying before we leave in the morning as its bad although I won't go to too much trouble as they are knocking the landing ceiling down on weds anyway.

The bathroom delivery was even worse than first thought as when I checked the quadrant shower that's smashed too, had I not signed the docket as not checked that apparently would not consider taking it back. I would have thought that's not allowed as I bought it online ? As it is they want photographic proof of the breakages before they will send replacements.

Off to try and get some sleep now so I can get up really early and get on as I am too tired to get anything done now.
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • tootoo
    tootoo Posts: 681 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I hope your break is relaxing ng as you need it!

Dh is a bathroom fitter/tiler. The amount of goods that arrive smashed up is unbelievable.
    Often the customers don't think to check though as a lot order the materials themselves these days.
    MFW.....Apr 33 Aim - Dec 26
  • newgirly
    Options
    Back on solid ground now :D the cruise was great , really relaxing we went to Belgium and Amsterdam. I missed the kids very badly the first day or so as we have never been away for 4 nights before but felt better after a while.

Today I came home to find the builders just starting to take the ceiling down in the landing , so all doors shut and no unpacking done or washing. The house is a tip, filthy and I currently have a smashed bathroom filling up the dining area. They also put the staircase in so we have all gone up to take a look :j its fab, apparently its a bigger space than most they do as our hall and living room are quite wide , but to be honest in my head I pictured this huge 30 ft bedroom :rotfl: too much daydreaming I think! It's a good size though and hopefully should be finished in a couple of weeks.

Back tomorrow for a catch up, I have whitechapel on pause and am determined to sit down now. Hope everyone is well :D
  • greent
    Options
    Welcome back - glad you had a good time :) I've missed your postings :)

When we had our loft done I envisaged this huge suite of rooms for us..... thinking that, as the footprint of our house on the ground floor is large we were bound to.... whilst we have a good space up there just to ourselves (people ooh and aah and gasp at my bathroom up there) it's not as big as I thought it would be - I still love it though! :) xx
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Glad you had a good mini-cruise Newgirly and that the loft work is well underway.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • newgirly
    Options
    Thanks for popping in cath and greent :)

The loft room is big it just feels small I think as the ceiling is quite low compared to the rest of the house, glad yours turned out well greent, It s a good job as it all costs sooo much money.

Things are still messy and dirty, I spent the day with my mum as it was her birthday, so am in much the same state as yesterday :o tomorrow everyone is at school/college and the builders are at a dead end until the plasterers come in on Monday so I'll spend the day cleaning as washing then while its quiet.

Money wise no ops made for a while so I need to add up the daily ones due and do it in the morning, and I was also a bit useless and forgot to buy the papers today for the £5 aldi voucher , very annoyed with myself for that.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback