Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We had a nice relaxing day yesterday, roast dinner and lots of movies, plus I dug out a Xmas cross stitch and started it.

Today I went out with my best friend to bluewater in Kent, I bought lunch on 241 with a voucher , naturally :D and it was very nice, I should not need dinner really but am sure I will end up eating again anyway. :o

Best friend has finally exchanged on her new house and is moving this Friday, I have said I will spend the day cleaning and helping out/nosing around/getting in the way :rotfl: can't wait to see the house its very large and needs lots of work doing, So exciting.

No ops made for a few days so I will have to make a few payments to catch up. One more Xmas present bought today £16 on a belle soft toy dolly from the Disney store for dd, she is 16 and going through a nostalgic phase apparently, Next present on list little mermaid on DVD!

Dinner for dh left over summer veg frittata
    Me glass of wine and / or cup of tea and a packet of crisps
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    Is cold and wet today in Essex, just managed to walk the dog before it turned nasty.

Last night was cold so this morning I've dug out the fleece/sheepskin blankets I bought last year in primarni. The kids have one each for their beds and they are the best blankets I've ever bought and were only £10 each, currently drying on the heated airer ready for tonight.

Tomorrow i am at work again, and the twins will have to see themselves in from school without me :eek: , then lots of running around as dd has joined a new voluntary theatre group miles away. I need to get organised so we all get fed at some point , plus I should really do the weekly shop as its supposed to be mid week so I can take advantage of the £5 off £40 spend vouchers twice over as they are valid 8 days ;).
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • mouche
    mouche Posts: 902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    plus I should really do the weekly shop as its supposed to be mid week so I can take advantage of the £5 off £40 spend vouchers twice over as they are valid 8 days ;).

Now that is an impressive bit of organisation! I feel pleased when I remember to use up those coupons before they expire - let alone plot to use them twice!

Hope Bluewater was nice; it's out default place to go to with LO - lots of place for a toddler to run around while being indoors in this rubbish weather.
    Mortgage (original/ current):193,000 (23/09/11)/ £102,500 (07/11/2019)
    2019 Challenges: Make £300 a month: £9.71/£300 (January)
  • newgirly
    Options
    Hi Mouche, nice of you to pop in :)

Today has been an exciting day :D my best friend text me at work to ring her ASAP, luckily i spotted it and rang back and she asked me if we would like the cruise that she had booked with her dh. They were supposed to be going with another couple but their house move falls at the same time ,so had to cancel and were told they would lose the money.

She had one last moan at them today and they agreed to change the booking to another name! So now we are going away for 4 nights this Saturday :j its soooo generous of them, and they could have asked members of their family but thought it would be nice for us as we have always wanted to go on one , plus its been a very stressful couple of years with dh's work issues/court case.

How on earth do I saw thank you ?! She has even lent me a couple posh frocks as there is a black tie night and I really don't have any nice clothes :o

It's a bit overwhelming really, now I have to get so much organised and we are in a terrible mess at the Moment with stacks to do!
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,657 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What a lovely friend, enjoy the break - get packing!
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Sep 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2250/7000

Mortgage balance: £52660

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    What a lovely friend, enjoy the break :T
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • tootoo
    tootoo Posts: 681 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    how lovely of them!
    where is the cruise to? maybe you could pick them a little token gift up in each stop off?

have a lovely time :)
    MFW.....Apr 33 Aim - Dec 26
  • mouche
    mouche Posts: 902 Forumite
    Options
    oh lucky girl - what a lovely friend! enjoy your trip - you deserve it.
    Mortgage (original/ current):193,000 (23/09/11)/ £102,500 (07/11/2019)
    2019 Challenges: Make £300 a month: £9.71/£300 (January)
  • SmlSave
    SmlSave Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    Options
    Have a great time newgirly and what a lovely friend! Don't feel pressured to find a way to 'pay them back' asap, better to think/find something that feels right or you may find yourself in a position to help them out later this year/next year.
    Currently studying for a Diploma - wish me luck :)

Phase 1 - Emergency Fund - Complete :j
    Phase 2 - £20,000 Mortgage Fund - Underway
  • megela
    megela Posts: 755 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh WOW, we've just come back from a cruise and it was wonderful - you will have an amazing time - just what you need.

What fantastic friends, as Smlsave says maybe an opportunity will arise that you can thank them by doing them a favour/helping out.
    Re-mortgaged 20/04/12 MTiT-T3 No.7
    Start balance £89611.10 + £22500 = £112111.10/Current balance £85436.53
    Original Mortgage Free Date April 2032
    Target Mortgage Free Date July 2022/Currently August 2029 (based on no offset)
    Total overpayments from 20/04/12: £8152.95
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure