We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Littlewoods/NDR and claiming back their 12 pound charges

Options

Comments

• MusicalLawyer
    Options
    Ok, thanks for the advice :)

I've been thinking about it and I am just going to pay the £34.45 every 28 days to satisfy the debt, I don't want another default on my credit file. Plus I did have the goods from Littlewoods so really, it's only fair I suppose.

I just want to claim back my £72 in charges for the 'effort in trying to contact me', as they say. As that £72 will pay off a 1/6 of the debt! :)
    SAVINGS: £63.86 // £3,000
  • Triggles
    Triggles Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    Options
    Ok. There should be a template on this site somewhere for claiming back charges - in fact, look under the "reclaim bank charges, PPI & more" section on this site.. you should be able to find what you need to reclaim those charges, including template letters to use. Good luck.
    MSE mum of DS(7), and DS(4) (and 2 adult DCs as well!)
    DFW Long haul supporters No 210
    :snow_grin Christmas 2013 is coming soon!!! :xmastree:
  • reidy100_2
    reidy100_2 Posts: 119 Forumite
    edited 3 May 2011 at 2:34PM
    Options
    Hmmn NDR 12 quiding again time for a CCA and sar methinks.
  • Banana07
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this forum so have no idea if I posting in the right place. Can anyone help? I have several debts and on advice of CCCS I wrote to each of my creditors offering token payments. I wrote to Additions Direct in July 2009 and they refused my offer. The debt started off as #200 in March 2009 and is now #875pounds. I cannot find a credit agreement and have no idea if I signed one. I have most of my statements and can see that I have been charged 12 pounds for debt collection letters and missed minimum payments. Can I claim any of this back. I am happy to pay my original debt but think it is extornate what they have charged me in past 2 years. Any help greatly received!
    Thanks
  • reidy100_2
    reidy100_2 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Might be best if you SAR them as I shall next month. They will quickly refund the "tried to contact you, give us 12 pounds" when you challenge them to give dates and times of supposed contact attempts.
  • tomuchdebt
    Options
    I have been intensely reading all your questions and answers on NDR and them adding charges for the sake of it. I am curious that when you send the CCA do you sign it or print your name? Then, do you enclose a cheque (with your signature) or postal order for the £1 for a CCA? I have been told never to sign your name yet they always write back to me saying that because the letter is not signed they can not produce the CCA or respond due to this?

I know that when dealing with your debt you should never refer any letter as MY account but as THE ABOVE account instead.

I have been sending letters, calls with them all and it doesnt seem to matter what you say they ignore you and charge you a further £12 saying they can not contact me!

Isn't it correct that when you have been defaulted that they can not then charge you any interest on that debt?

I am having to start from scratch with them all and wonder what I should do to just get them off my back? Start with CCA letter again followed by no payment if they cant produce it? Then, can they take you to court or do anything other than default your credit file for 6 years?
  • happy_bunny_2
    Options
    Send them a formal complaint, signed for.

This got a reply from them for me.

in it, mention formal complaint about the way your account has been handled, summarise the points of your earliest letters and tell them what you want done to resolve it (refund of £12 charges, respond to offer of payment).

I actually got the reply from shop direct. I'm sure you figured out NDR are just one of their internal departments.
    tomuchdebt wrote: »
    I have been intensely reading all your questions and answers on NDR and them adding charges for the sake of it. I am curious that when you send the CCA do you sign it or print your name? Then, do you enclose a cheque (with your signature) or postal order for the £1 for a CCA? I have been told never to sign your name yet they always write back to me saying that because the letter is not signed they can not produce the CCA or respond due to this?

I know that when dealing with your debt you should never refer any letter as MY account but as THE ABOVE account instead.

I have been sending letters, calls with them all and it doesnt seem to matter what you say they ignore you and charge you a further £12 saying they can not contact me!

Isn't it correct that when you have been defaulted that they can not then charge you any interest on that debt?

I am having to start from scratch with them all and wonder what I should do to just get them off my back? Start with CCA letter again followed by no payment if they cant produce it? Then, can they take you to court or do anything other than default your credit file for 6 years?
    :beer:
  • evey105
    Options

Has anyone responded to this, as I cannot find a reply anywhere? Am I to take it that this would apply to NDR?

Thanks.
  • happy_bunny_2
    Options
    evey105 wrote: »

Has anyone responded to this, as I cannot find a reply anywhere? Am I to take it that this would apply to NDR?

Thanks.

I believe they can only charge interest after default if the original credit agreement stated this. As far as I know, not many do. In the case of NDR/shop direct, there is likely not to be one if the debt is pre 2007, so no they shouldn't

I think they can apply reasonable charges after default on getting a CCJ, but no chance with a catalogue pre 2007 without a signed CCA.
    :beer:
  • MusicalLawyer
    Options
    My Littlewoods debt is down to £425 from £655. Ive paid more but they kept slapping £12 charges on. I wrote to them after someone giving me a template on here asking to remove the charges as they are unfair.

They said 'no, the charges are fair'.

I have the money to pay off my debt and was wondering if it's a good idea to SAR the. To find out exactly how many charges I have had. As when I made my agreement to pay off my debt they told me that £240 were charges. I want them to remove charges & I'll pay the debt off in full there and then.

I called the other day about a different matter on my account, and the lady took off a charge, as it wasn't my fault. So I know they can take them off.
    SAVINGS: £63.86 // £3,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family