We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Littlewoods/NDR and claiming back their 12 pound charges

Options
1235»

Comments

• MusicalLawyer
    MusicalLawyer Posts: 700 Forumite
    edited 7 January 2012 at 10:33PM
    Options
    I will totally admit to the Missed / Late payment charges, I don't mind paying them. I just don't want to pay the 'we've tried to contact you' charges. As £12 for them to post a letter to me is totally excessive imo.

I can only view statements from statement number 9 online. So I need statements 1 - 8 and statement 17 so I can see what charges have been put on my account. I have about 6 for missed payments etc, but 3 for them sending debt letters - which is £36. If they took these off, I'd pay the debt in full there and then, that is why I want to ask them for a SAR so I can see how much debt I have altogether and how much I've paid so far from statement 1. Then I can work out how much of the debt is the 'trying to contact' charges and get them taken off my debt.

As thus far 36/425 is those unfair charges
    SAVINGS: £63.86 // £3,000
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,923 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    x1 member of staff £7p/h, printer , phone rental, letter printing and posting... it all adds up
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • MusicalLawyer
    Options
    I understand that, but £12 is excessive for sending a debt collection letter lol.
    All charge of this type say '£12 charge for debt collection letter'.

I'm just going to send them a SAR, and see how many charges I have for them sending me debt collection letters, and then tell them I want a refund.
    SAVINGS: £63.86 // £3,000
  • nottoolate
    nottoolate Posts: 1,359 Forumite
    Options
    Trying to contact charges I am sure are consider unfair. Automatically generated bulk mailed letters cost pence not £12, so the charges are unfair and not in your contract. If these refuse to drop those type of charge take it up with the OFT, and i also believe the FOS may help.

correct. they are unfair
    LolStevo wrote: »
    Hi, I had the same charges from Littlewoods/NDR and sent a letter requesting charges back as unfair. I only noticed on my statement that they had refunded them all from one letter i sent so worth sending that with a breakdown of the charges which you can normally get off the catalogues website. xx

excellant result :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family