Has anyone taken Orlistat for weight loss?

Options
Hi I have been given this by my doctor today.I have read the side effects could be big poohs:eek:.just wondered if anyone had tried.wondered what the results could be:cool:.thank you xx
mum "e" to the most perfect girl :Awho stood by me through it all nana to my beautiful grandson WLM 27.09.13:j
mother of the bride September 2014 :love:
Turning a house into a home :o
What if the Hokey Cokey is really what it's all about ?

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    If you do a search for Xenical or Alli you will find this question has already been answered.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Sagaris
    Sagaris Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi I have been given this by my doctor today.I have read the side effects could be big poohs:eek:.just wondered if anyone had tried.wondered what the results could be:cool:.thank you xx
    I was reading something a few weeks ago, more likely to be explosive diarrhoea, or lots of olive oil-like grease seeping out - and there's no way to stop it! Didn't sound that nice. :(
    :j Almost 2 stones gone! :j
    :heart2: RIP Clio 1.9.93 - 7.4.10 :heart2:
    :p I WILL be tidy, I WILL be tidy! :p
  • whichwhydoIturn
    Options
    okay get the picture lol ! oh goodness just afraid i will be in traffic or with colleagues when i earn my go faster stripes! as long as they work. thanks x
    mum "e" to the most perfect girl :Awho stood by me through it all nana to my beautiful grandson WLM 27.09.13:j
  • Buttonmoons
    Buttonmoons Posts: 13,323 Forumite
    Options
    I used it for a while. It's not big poo's you do, it's runny ones (if you eat fatty foods) and I'd advise you to not fart unless over a toilet, and keep a bottle of flash to spray the spag bol sauce you splatter on the toilet :)
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have read that you need pads when you sleep as the 'stuff' seeps out of you when you're asleep.

I personally would stay well away, but that's just my opinion.
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • snowmaid
    snowmaid Posts: 3,494 Forumite
    Options
    So long as you keep fat in your diet to a minimum, you shouldn't have too much of a problem.
  • whichwhydoIturn
    Options
    oh deep joy. i assume that if i over do eating high fat content that it is the toilet thing that becomes a problem.has anyone manged to loose weight on these?
  • janthemum
    janthemum Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Last year I lost 4 half stone in 6 months with it (combined with low fat diet) 15 stone to 9 1/2 stone size 20/22 to 10 bottom 12 top.

Very few side effects..just remember low fat diest as well. I have nothing but praise for it.:j
  • janthemum
    janthemum Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    If you want ant more details from my eaperiance or tips I am happy to share. people seem to get carried away with the poo issue and exagerate +++ But as I said it changed my life.
  • Starrystarrynight
    Options
    I've used it, too. As long as you keep your fat intake to a minimum it's not too bad. Needs lots of bleach for the loo otherwise!
    I never experienced the supposed explosive side effects, thank goodness.
    It definitely helped keep me disciplined in what I ate.
    Good luck with your diet :-)
    From Starrystarrynight to Starrystarrynight1 and now I'm back...don't have a clue how!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure