Weezl and friends Phase 2 -giving it a whirl for Shirl! Testing meal plan for a month

edited 5 April 2010 at 6:54AM in How much have you saved?
6.3K replies 344.8K views

Replies

• aless02aless02 Forumite
    5.1K Posts
    FrankieM wrote: »
    My bread is stuck...I can get a knife down the sides and free it off there but it's stuck to the bottom.
    I think I'm going to have to hack it out and try again...bread was always going to be the tricky bit.

oh dear! what kind of tins are you using? I've never had bread stick but had many other baked goods do my head in before.

I usually use mis-risen, mis-shapen bread for eating with soups & similar as then you don't care what shape it is or how crumbly it is :).
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • FrankieMFrankieM Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got my bread out...in one piece! Yay!

I didn't grease the tins. Once I've washed up and had a cuppa I'll do another lot and see if greasing the tins makes a difference.

I feel a bit less stressed now :)
  • edited 5 April 2010 at 2:01PM
    weezl74weezl74 Forumite
    8.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 5 April 2010 at 2:01PM
    awww frankie, I was sorry to read you're feeling tired with all that cooking, you've achieved loads:A, but it sounds like you've paid the price! If I lived nearer I'd pop over with a foot spa and some of my choccie egg :) Hope my tins weren't the culprit. We got fed up of greasing them and bought silicone ones.:o

Thanks for doing all of this for me, Bob and Shirl :)

It's good that you've said about your discouragements as well as your triumphs because if this is ever going to work we have to be realistic. Shirley's with 4 children will need an easier batch cooking day for example, with plenty of time to master bread baking if it's a new thing.

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • artybearartybear Forumite
    978 Posts
    Yay for Frankie!!!:T

I feel that by the end of the month blood, sweat and tears will have gone into this planner!!:eek:
    In art as in love, instinct is enough
    Anatole France

Things are beautiful if you love them
    Jean Anouilh
    2.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    weezl It's no problem. I hope you enjoyed your nap. I'm thinking of having one myself!!
    The tins are great. I'm pretty sure it was just that I hadn't greased them. So completely my own fault.
    I'll let you know after the next batch. I found the 'no knead' recipe really easy, though, so hopefully they'll taste good and I can stick with doing them that way.
  • pammyj74pammyj74 Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Just wanted to pop in and say good luck to you all, I will be following with interest and nicking a few recipe ideas :)

I have just put on my free breadmaker today and the kind lady gave me a couple of packs of ready mix wholemeal, only I went and made the hurried mistake of putting the bread on the basic setting and not wholemeal. What effect will that have please?
    My first attempt at making bread and I mess up straight away :(
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
  • weezl74weezl74 Forumite
    8.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    howlin' I'm sorry I missed you pre nap, are you still up for it, I can post ingredients if you like? :)

cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
  • weezl74weezl74 Forumite
    8.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi pammy, welcome :) I'm sorry I never got the hang of breadmakers and gave mine away :(

• artybearartybear Forumite
    978 Posts
    Ok guys I'm just about to pay for my asda order but realised they have kitchen stuff on here. Anything that springs to mind that you have used lots for these recipes? If they have them, I'll buy it to make life easier.
    XXXX
    In art as in love, instinct is enough
    Anatole France

Things are beautiful if you love them
    Jean Anouilh
    2.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    arty wooden spoons, I never seem to have enough.
    Measuring jug, scales, bowls- big and medium.

They are just the things I've used alot today.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cyber Monday deals

Here’s what the Deals Team have spotted

MSE Deal

How to find cheap PCR tests

The rule change comes into force tomorrow

MSE Guide