Weezl and friends Phase 2 -giving it a whirl for Shirl! Testing meal plan for a month

edited 5 April 2010 at 6:54AM in How much have you saved?
6.3K replies 344.8K views

Replies

• aless02aless02 Forumite
    5.1K Posts
    FWIW, I don't keep my homemade peanut/seed butter in the fridge. You can keep it a plastic container in the cupboard for as long as it takes to eat it! I think the fridge makes it far too hard (to spread).

Weezl, are we meant to run both threads simultaneously or have we officially migrated to this one? Because having 2 at once is farrrrr too confusing.
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • FrankieMFrankieM Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that aless. I've got mine in glass jars, is that just as good?
  • weezl74weezl74 Forumite
    8.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    aless02 wrote: »
    Weezl, are we meant to run both threads simultaneously or have we officially migrated to this one? Because having 2 at once is farrrrr too confusing.

I'm happy to migrate, just hope the testers won't feel swamped if we're all on here, and also there are other jobs to move forward whilst the testing is happening, ie agreeing the wwording for different parts of the resource and moving forward with testing for planners 2 and 3....

what do people feel? I'm easy either way cos I'd post on both anyhoo ;)

xxx

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • I'd be happy to back off on the posting a little but still come on this one too, otherwise I think I will be sad that I am missing out on the fun :)
    Can I make an annoying point? Could we change the name of the bread to 'no knead' rather than 'no kneed' as the latter always makes me think 'no need' :) Sorry if that is annoying. Though 'No need to knead' has a ring to it!
    God is good, all the time
    Do something that scares you every day
    2.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    weezl I don't mind how you want to work the threads out, but as I'm testing and not sure what I would be doing towards the other planners at the moment, I'm not sure I would post much on the other thread and as has already been said, I would miss chatting and hearing from those who aren't testing, does that make sense?
    8.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy to back off on the posting a little but still come on this one too, otherwise I think I will be sad that I am missing out on the fun :)
    Can I make an annoying point? Could we change the name of the bread to 'no knead' rather than 'no kneed' as the latter always makes me think 'no need' :) Sorry if that is annoying. Though 'No need to knead' has a ring to it!
    I hadn't even noticed the spelling mistake!:rotfl:

I did like the Dr Who very much and liked the way he's merging the David Tennant persona into his new one.

Amy is great, and I wasn't at all surprised that young amelia is her cousin IRL because they were eerily alike :)

It was lovely to see Llandaf used as a set as well, rather than just the cathedral:D

My only very slight downside was the 'clips of what's to come' bit... wasn't sure about that, it felt like a bit of an advert and reminded me of what heroes does...

cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
  • AllegraAllegra Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    FrankieM wrote: »
    Hi,
    My name is Frankie and I'm a Frugal Meal Plan Tester :j

Is this like an addicts' support group, then ? :D

My name is Allegra and I am a Frugal Meal Plan Tester, too.

My family consists of yours truly, my better half, also an MSE user called !!!!!! here, and a 13 year old vegetarian DD who has Asperger's Syndrome and as result is very sensitive to a lot of tastes, smells and textures, which is why she will be eating off-plan for much of the month. She will b etrying out little bits of any unfamiliar vegetarin dishes though in case there is something she likes in there somewhere, so watch this space :)

Weezl, can you please confirm which snacks are available on the first month meal planner other than carrot cake ? Much appreciated :)
    8.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Allegra wrote: »
    Weezl, can you please confirm which snacks are available on the first month meal planner other than carrot cake ? Much appreciated :)

• Boodles biscuits 50 biscuits
    • bread with orange flim flam 50-60 slices worth, have yet to weigh portion size
    • savoury bites 12 portions
    • carrot cakes 4 cakes, cut into 32 pieces each
    • cereal bars 4 batches of 32 - bit worried about this one though, and will try to test tomorrow :(
    • cheese balls 51 balls
    • also at least 8 portions extra of potato and onion soup with 4 slices of bread again, will test and confirm as soon as I can, unless anyone else can do a soup test, sian?;)

2.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah..more people..great. I was thinking it was just me on my own...!

So far I have:

Made bread and it's currently rising on top of the cooker

Made 2 batches of nutty butter

Made 1 batch of apple curd

Made 1 carrot cake, currently in the oven

In the process of making 2 batches Tangy Bean Pate

Put my onions and potatoes in hessian sacks in the garage

Defrosting my chick peas for houmous.
    8.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah! Arty not liking porridge or raisins. That is indeedy a tricky one! Poor you, that's like, every other breakfast!:(

Orange flim flam on toast? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides