greent's mfw journey

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's true! Sometimes I realise I can't settle to anything, and stop trying :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    In the end I did the ironing (about 15-20 mins worth) whilst watching the first ever Sherlock episode from 2009 - and then sat there for the rest of the episode just watching :D

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I love that episode! I have the DVD :D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greent
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    I love that episode! I have the DVD :D

I have to confess that I'd never seen it before!:o Both the teenagers are Sherlock fans (I only discovered DS1 was over Xmas) but I've only ever half-watched a handful of episodes at best. I might see if they have any more old ones I can find to watch :)

Verrrrry cold here today but I am not putting the heating on just for me! Instead I have an extra layer and a scarf on - and I've kept my trainers on, too. I did the ironing (again!) to warm up for a bit, too - and have been up and down stairs a few times to put it away/ do some extra steps.

I discovered over Xmas that my favourite spiky-heeled suede boots are on their way out :( They needed re-heeling anyway but the soles had worn too - and they're quite pointy-toed and I hadn't realised - which means the suede on the front tip of the sole has got damaged. They also suffered badly at a muddy party and the suede was marked and beginning to fade if you looked closely. I bought them 6 years ago for £30 in a Next clearance outlet, and they've had loads of wear, so have done me very well! Oh has been looking for replacements for me and found some lovely ones in Jones - but they have chnky heels, and I wanted spiky ones. Anyway, a chance quick look on fleabay revealed a very similar looking (but not Next brand) pair in my size, apparently having been worn once, briefly. I'm not one for pre-loved shoes, as footwear does tend to take on the wear pattern of a person's feet. Anyway, for £15 I thought I'd risk it.... they arrived yesterday, are exactly the same as my old ones and are immaculate - from the looks of the sole I'd say they were worn inside and maybe to and from a car, or something similar - no wear, no marks, no fading. They smell a little bit like they've been stored in a loft, but an airing in the porch for a couple of days will help that. Am very chuffed with my purchase! :jI love my boots - they've done several funerals, parties, Cheltenham races, been worn when I was modelling at a couple of fashion shows, a job interview, many many nights out and are so comfortable (and warm, being knee height and I also tend to wear socks under them over my stockings if it's chilly :D) and was sad at the thought of not wearing them (they bring me much JOY!) so I'm now very happy again!

x
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    You are a model?
  • greent
    edited 12 January 2016 at 10:50PM
    Options
    You are a model?

The very idea is :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: - I'm barely 5' 2" and several stone overweight and am a very *low maintenance* kind of person! I should perhaps have explained that I was coerced into modelling a couple of times when I was in the local WI - probably because I was the youngest member - for fundraising fashion shows they held. I had to wear the show's clothes and accessories but my own shoes - so caused much hoo-haa by turning up in fishnet stockings with a selection of footwear from the above mentioned boots, to 4" red patent stilettos, to Iron Fist stilettos with studs and skulls over them :D The audience were paying far more attention to my footwear than the clothes:p :o
    x

ETA: just updated my sig after a couple of small ebay sales today - am at £53.01 against my £500 target for net sales for the year - just over 10% at just under 2 weeks in - am pleased with that as have also taken a few big items to CS so far this year :)
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    Wow GT you are so cool! Well done on finding the boots.
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 January 2016 at 8:41AM
    Options
    The boots were a great find, great ebay sales too. We recently discovered Sherlock and love it! Haven't watched the Christmas special yet though maybe this weekend. I agree with you about books, I think they are one of the hardest things to declutter.
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Fantastic find with the boots greent , I think I remember you posting about your fashion show with sexy shoes :rotfl:
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • greent
    Options
    OOOOH! It's cold today! I went to PO after school run (to send an eb@y sale) and Tesco (for tomatoes - spent £33!:o:D - but did buy16 pairs of socks :D and a whole heap of other stuff) and came home to a message from DD asking for me to take one of her folders into school before lunch hour started. This is only about the 3rd time I've taken something in for her, so I can't really complain, and she did say she could manage without if I couldn't. However, I took it to her and have come back and the house is freeeeeezing - so I've given in and put the heating on for a bit. I'll do some ironing and vacuuming in a bit and that'll warm me up more, but I'm so cold that my joints hurt right now!

DD's parents' eve tonight, so she's staying at school. I shall leave home at 4 to go there (I have chosen the earliest appts poss), leaving DS1 in charge of the smaller 2. He will have to feed them, though (and himself) as when I get back from parents' eve with DD I have to take DS2 out to swimming lesson. We will get home from that just before 7 - and it's DS3's bedtime at 7.30, so I can't see me getting to eat until after 8pm tonight., so I will grab a snack when I get back from school run with smaller two (about 3.45). I shall be glad when OH has finished this contract in London - there is always one activity on every night Mon-Thurs, and we've recently had rather a lot extra in Dec and also this month where there's been 2 or even 3 on an evening and trying to figure out how to feed everyone and get everyone to where they need to be/ get them home again/ be there myself if necessary (eg: parents' evenings, open evenings etc) is hard work! Thankfully I haven't been working this month so can prep eve meals where possible in the day and ensure all things are ready to just grab and go. I'm looking forward to when DD passes her test so that potentially gives a little more flexibility! (She is hopefully putting in for it at the end of this month)

Whoops - just read that back! It isn't meant to sound as moany as it does!! Right - time to get off my backside and be productive - will catch up with more diaries later :)

xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure