greent's mfw journey

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have a lovely evening in any case, greent - good for you for accepting the invite!

I prefer mindfulness over CBT too - much more centred, much more coming from your own stuff.

Florida! Yay, I loved my Florida trip - I did a day at a theme park, but most of my time was split between sightseeing (St Augustine! It was amazing) and spaceflight - I watched a shuttle take off :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    OH and DS1 watched a spce shuttle launch when we went, back in Oct 2007. Myself, DD (then 9, almost 10) and DS2 (21 months) changed hotels that day, so had the fun of transporting all our luggage, the pushchair etc to the new one in a yellow cab :D (no car seat!!) as the shuttle viewing involved getting up at something ridiculous like 3am! We got to our new hotel just as it launched - our driver pointed it out to us :)

Had promised takeaway (Nandos) last night with prosecco/ WKD/ soft drinks as appropriate and then wandered the few yards to the neighbours house. Many, many bottles of prosecco were consumed there. We took cava (had it in wine club delivery), WKD (for DD) and soft drinks. Kids were all hoolies! (lots of them) DS1 lasted about 30 minutes before retiring back to here! DD lasted until 12.45, I think. Smallest two made it to midnight and OH brought them home and they were asleep in less than 5 mins. As DS1 was awake and home with them he came back (it's not like we were far away and DS1 is almost 16 and sensible enough) and he and I got home at 2.30. I was very good and kept refusing top ups - I didn't want to feel rough today from the alcohol. We were also drinking prosecco 'cocktails' - 4 measures of Stolly vodka, 1 measure of Belvoir elderflower cordial and a bottle of prosecco. Very nice :) Champagne for the midnight fireworks. Silly party games :) General chit chat. One male guest disappeared about 11 or just after - hadn't come back by 2.30 - and he wasn't wearing his shoes. His other half snored away on the sofa for a good couple of hours! One of neighbour's best friends was v drunk and fell over earlier in the evening with a full glass - spilling it over carpet and (silk) curtains - and her own head (?!) but didn't break the glass! However, at about 2am she knocked the flipchart stand (from Pictionary) into the flat screen tv - smashing the screen.... oops

Everyone bar myself and DS3 are all still asleep!! I woke up at 8am, I was shattered but really wanted a cup of tea. I flopped for a bit on the sofa, cuddling DS3 but have since sorted the dishwasher, washing machine and stripped the dining room table of Christmassy-ness (table cloth, runner, charger plates, table centrepiece and Xmas table confetti). AM not going to totally de-Xmas the house today, but think I'll finish the dining room and see if I can persuade the children to give up their trees and decorations from their bedrooms. That then leaves the lounge (lots), the playroom (lots) and outside (lights and a couple of items) Didn't put up and hall decorations this year.

Did a big KM sort of Xmas decs earlier in year, giving away loads at the time to CS and some to my mum. However, as there are some decs which haven't been used this year, I will re-visit (one snowman is definitely on his way!) before putting them away in the loft

3 ebay sales today - nice little start to the NY! Not much in terms of £ but they were all things I received as freebies :)

My plan for Jan is to hopefully achieve 10K steps/ day on average - although so far the day is well underway and I've only done 1500!!

Hope everyone had a lovely evening. Wishing us all a lovely 2016 with minimal trials and tribulations! :)

xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow, greent, you did well :j and omigod, those cocktails sound strong :eek: I wouldn't be able to finish one :o sound heavenly tho :D

That's a lovely New Year's Eve you've described - you might be a little bit fragile later on today in any case :rotfl: but I totally understand the need for a cup of tea, in fact, I'm dashing off *right now* after you've said that, for another cuppa :coffee:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    We also woke up around 8am, but we hadn't partied the night away - were asleep by 10pm. Dh woke with the midnight fireworks, but no one else did.

We too have de-Christmassed. Only took about 40 mins, as we had not put up much this year.

Wishing all the greent family a lovely 2016 with plenty of family fun times together.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • norfolkdream
    Options
    What a lot to look forward in 2016.
    Well done on finishing your mortgage (my turn this year!)
    How do you have time to do all the things you used to do! As well as all those lists?
    Good Luck on the 10k steps.
    MFW 16 No 33
    2016 OP Paid/Target 2063/£2063 (100%) COMPLETE
    Mortgage Free - Apr 2016 -DONE!:j
  • greent
    Options
    Ah, I'm one for taking on too much and then burning out, nd - I've made myself properly ill (as in recovery took months and months and months) from doing so twice before :( I'm better than I used to be, but the charity trustee/ treasurer thing is my main thing now which wears me down. I'd like to just be a 'regular' volunteer - that's what I'm going to work towards.

Very lazy day yesterday - just a quick trip to A$da to top up on supplies (still managed to spend £44.31!) and some ironing. Vegged out watching Sherlock and then bed. I thought Sherlock was massively overhyped and also overly long-winded and could have been shorter by 20 mins or more with no detrimental effect. Just my opinion, of course! - I'm aware that many, many people loved it! :D

Back to school prep today, so that - hopefully- tomorrow isn't chaotic! OH will be taking down the outside lights, too. Not much planned other than that, more de-Xmassing, more ironing and general tidying up! Weather looks wet, so may or may not get out for a short walk.

x
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    :naughty: now now, sherlock can never be too long greent :p

Love the new year plans and last years round up, I really don't know how you manage to fit everything in, hope you have a great 2016 :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Is DH still working away in the week in the new year?
  • greent
    Options
    Is DH still working away in the week in the new year?

Yes - and his boss is a right mardy mare :( He can't work away M-T, has to be M-F, so he's only made it home on about 3 Thursdays, I think (1 being DD's 18th) And she made him take the 2 weeks off for Xmas. He was planning on working a couple of days at home. However, as he was forced to not do any work (and therefore no pay) he hasn't even turned his work phone or laptop on :D:D Will have a LOT of catching up to do next week! :)
    x
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    A mare indeed! How much longer is the contract?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback