Probationary period - failing to meet job

Options

Comments

• Mov
    Mov Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    nope not a troll, just someone who was genuinely seeking advice, but instead got a pointless character assassination.
    Wasn't going to bother coming on forum again, but guess I couldn't resist to see what other rubbish was being said!
    Thanks Epatolles, glad someone has commonsense!
    I don't know why some people keep coming back and posting over and over again! I already said I wasn't vaguely interested in what they have to say. Go and find something better to do with your time than spending hours on a forum where people like me don't give a damn what you say anyhow. Shouldn't you be out earning some money and being breadwinners ;-)
    Signing off yet again. Will try not to take a sneaky peek later to see what rubbish is said next (anger management/aspergers/autism/troll/selfish/bad mother etc). But repeat posters , please note, you are making me laugh.So in your own queer way, you have really cheered me up! So thanks.
    bye
  • jdturk
    jdturk Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    Options
    What did you actually want then, you say you wanted advice for your oh on how to do better in the last month of his probation and if this is true why put everything else in the post.

You could have just asked something along the lines of, 'My op is on a trial and he is not doing well and has been told to improve dramatically over the next month otherwise he won't get a full time contrct'

If you had put this I would have put that he should be conversing with the management as to what is exactly required from him, going in early if required to learn more about the job, staying late if required, reading up on the job, look at techniques involved in the job, look at the aspects that are letting him down and see if there were any practical ways of solving these.

But you didn't and I didn't. And don't worry I will not reply on here because even though the advice I gave you was sound you don't want to listen so fair enough
    Always ask ACAS
  • Morgan_Ree
    Morgan_Ree Posts: 787 Forumite
    Options
    Mov wrote: »
    nope not a troll, just someone who was genuinely seeking advice, but instead got a pointless character assassination.
    Wasn't going to bother coming on forum again, but guess I couldn't resist to see what other rubbish was being said!
    Thanks Epatolles, glad someone has commonsense!
    I don't know why some people keep coming back and posting over and over again! I already said I wasn't vaguely interested in what they have to say. Go and find something better to do with your time than spending hours on a forum where people like me don't give a damn what you say anyhow. Shouldn't you be out earning some money and being breadwinners ;-)
    Signing off yet again. Will try not to take a sneaky peek later to see what rubbish is said next (anger management/aspergers/autism/troll/selfish/bad mother etc). But repeat posters , please note, you are making me laugh.So in your own queer way, you have really cheered me up! So thanks.
    bye

What a strange individual you are

Have you always found it so difficult to accept criticism?
    Future Mrs Gerard Butler :D

[STRIKE]
    Team Wagner
    [/STRIKE] I meant Team Matt......obviously :cool:
  • mountainofdebt
    Options
    Its not often I read one of jd's posts and agree with it.

Can't help but think that if the OP's child ever fails at something more than once, their life will be made hell.
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
  • jdturk
    jdturk Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    Options
    Its not often I read one of jd's posts and agree with it.

Always a first huh :D

Edit...Wasn't meant to reply on here again...sorry OP!
    Always ask ACAS
  • shikoku
    shikoku Posts: 671 Forumite
    edited 19 March 2010 at 1:05AM
    Options
    The real problem here is all the monitoring and target setting which goes on in the work place today (haven't they realised yet that this is what caused the banking crisis?)

It can turn a perfectly competent person into a nervous wreck, also it can be twisted any way the management want.

Whatever happened to just putting in an honest days work, and being spoken to constructively if you're not up to scratch, and leaving it at that?
    ~*~ If you don't need it, it isn't a bargain ~*~
  • tabskitten
    tabskitten Posts: 1,329 Forumite
    Options
    Can you let us know what line of work your OH is in? Might make things easier to understand..........
    :silenced:
    I think tabskitten is a crying, walking, sleeping, talking, living troll :cool:
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    shikoku wrote: »
    The real problem here is all the monitoring and target setting which goes on in the work place today (haven't they realised yet that this is what caused the banking crisis?)

I am intrigued as to how the performance monitoring of an admin worker sent our country into recession?! :rotfl:
    Gone ... or have I?
  • shikoku
    shikoku Posts: 671 Forumite
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    I am intrigued as to how the performance monitoring of an admin worker sent our country into recession?! :rotfl:

Well perhaps a Google search for inappropriate selling of banking products would be a starting point for you in your quest for knowledge...
    ~*~ If you don't need it, it isn't a bargain ~*~
  • vaporate
    vaporate Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    Options
    What a nasty piece of work, yes you OP.

Splitting up just because of your bloke is having a hard time at work.

Go ahead do him a favour.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure